Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

usethisname

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 5, 2012
Hey guys! I hope this is the right forum. I recently got my new 27" iMac, and transferred the aperture application and library via ethernet connection to the new computer (opted out of migration assistant since I only wanted a few programs). Now, every time I open aperture it asks for my serial number. It always goes through and works fine after that.

Any ideas? Thanks!

snberk103

macrumors 603
Oct 22, 2007
An Island in the Salish Sea
Hey guys! I hope this is the right forum. I recently got my new 27" iMac, and transferred the aperture application and library via ethernet connection to the new computer (opted out of migration assistant since I only wanted a few programs). Now, every time I open aperture it asks for my serial number. It always goes through and works fine after that.

Any ideas? Thanks!

If you are within 3 months of buying the iMac, or if you have bought the extended warranty, AppleCare, call Apple. They are the experts at this kind of thing. You have 90 days to call them for software support from purchase, in North America at least, and if you buy AppleCare you can call them for 3 years. About anything that is related to Apple software.

fcortese

macrumors demi-god
Apr 3, 2010
Big Sky country

Any ideas? Thanks!

If you are within 3 months of buying the iMac, or if you have bought the extended warranty, AppleCare, call Apple. They are the experts at this kind of thing. You have 90 days to call them for software support from purchase, in North America at least, and if you buy AppleCare you can call them for 3 years. About anything that is related to Apple software.

If you're beyond the 3 month range try ApertureExpert. Register (free) and post a question. You'll be sure to get some help. They've never failed me if I ran into a roadblock.

Designer Dale

macrumors 68040
Mar 25, 2009
Folding space
The Aperture registration is linked to the computer it was purchased on. When you moved the application to the new computer it isn't recognized as being owned by that system. If you reinstall from the disk you shouldn't have any further problem.

If I remember right you can select what to move in Migration Assistant.

Dale

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.