Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM   #4026
Kurwenal
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobilehaathi View Post
Ahhh, well I'll be grinding with a Baratza Virtuoso w/ the Precisio burrs. I had considered the Rocky, but I wanted something with more range for my pour over.
Apologies, I was confused. Yes, walking both pour and espresso lines is a challenge, but rewarding in my view. Relatively early on, you will figure out how many seconds one "click" on the grinder will give you, up or down. It looks like a very nice grinder.

Quote:

Just a little Star Wars humor.....
Old Yesterday, 08:59 PM   #4027
mobilehaathi
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurwenal View Post
Apologies, I was confused. Yes, walking both pour and espresso lines is a challenge, but rewarding in my view. Relatively early on, you will figure out how many seconds one "click" on the grinder will give you, up or down. It looks like a very nice grinder.

Just a little Star Wars humor.....
Well I'm extremely excited. I've been lusting after a machine for a while. I was strongly considering a much cheaper (albeit Shrink approved) machine about 8 months ago, but I wanted to wait for a slightly more advanced setup. I'll have to pick up some beans when I get home, as I have nothing roasted on hand once I return. Thankfully, I can walk down the street to a grocery store which sells lots of local beans. They do enough turnover that I can usually get a bag that was roasted just a few days ago.

My only concern.....what if I never go back to pour over!
Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM   #4028
Kurwenal
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:

My only concern.....what if I never go back to pour over!
If that happens, it will be by your choice, and so will not be a bad thing. I am intense when it comes to espresso, but nearly every day, usually in the evening, I drink coffee prepared in some other way. Chemex, AeroPress, vac pot....there are so many great options. Perhaps, like me, your tastes will change from time to time for really no reason....you might go weeks without a pour over, and then drink nothing but pour over for a week.

Choice is wonderful, and you are about to have that in spades.
Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM   #4029
mobilehaathi
macrumors 601

Quote:
If that happens, it will be by your choice, and so will not be a bad thing. I am intense when it comes to espresso, but nearly every day, usually in the evening, I drink coffee prepared in some other way. Chemex, AeroPress, vac pot....there are so many great options. Perhaps, like me, your tastes will change from time to time for really no reason....you might go weeks without a pour over, and then drink nothing but pour over for a week.

Choice is wonderful, and you are about to have that in spades.
Quite right.

If anything, I'm going to buy a Chemex next.....
Old Today, 12:14 PM   #4030
Kurwenal
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Quite right.

If anything, I'm going to buy a Chemex next.....
Stop teasing me.....

Woke up this morning to this sitting on the GS/3.

I love my wife.

Old Today, 12:27 PM   #4031
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
Stop teasing me.....

I love my wife.

Probably payback for spending time with us on the computer during your dinner party yesterday.
Old Today, 12:42 PM   #4032
mobilehaathi
macrumors 601

Quote:
Stop teasing me.....

I love my wife.

Hahahahahaha!

Hey, you should try it! Shrink's rule and all....

It's bold, yet smooth...

Old Today, 03:34 PM   #4033
SandboxGeneral

Update on Shrink

Shrink made it to the doctor today and they suspect he has pneumonia, hopefully the bacterial and not the viral kind. They gave him an antibiotic and the good cough medicine!
Old Today, 05:18 PM   #4034
Scepticalscribe
Contributor

Quote:
Your first shot will be better than the shots I was pulling in my 10th year of this madness, oh so long ago.....

……...
Cleaning is an incredibly important subject....but I am sitting in my home office whilst we have many guests over for a holiday party and if Mrs. Kurwenal finds me, I am a dead man. So I will cover that subject later. Srhink knows this machine, as I recall, so I would be inclined to follow the directions SG posted. You will end up with cleaning routines after every shot, daily, weekly, monthly and some tasks every quarter or annually.
There are those who say the advent of death is silent, but some of us know better……and death at the hands of our nearest and dearest is usually the most lethal that can be delivered…..

Quote:
Stop teasing me.....

I love my wife.

Brilliant. This lady who married you is one classy individual…...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
Probably payback for spending time with us on the computer during your dinner party yesterday.
Yes, indeed. Actually, the same thought occurred to me.

Now, it is a little known fact that the solid currency of payback is bottomless, and is a rich and varied seam of endless wealth, and, it must be said, in the hands of the truly creative, the uses to which this currency can be put are very, very inventive…..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
Shrink made it to the doctor today and they suspect he has pneumonia, hopefully the bacterial and not the viral kind. They gave him an antibiotic and the good cough medicine!
I am delighted to hear this; actually, firstly, I am delighted to hear that Shrink actually got to see a doctor, and secondly, that appropriate medical measures have been taken. Let us hope that rest, recovery and recuperation can now follow. And, above all, let us hope that Shrink returns to discuss grinders - the coffee thread is not the same without his thoughtful interventions…...

My cold is still with me, but has subsided to a large extent. Indeed, my hosts in Bristol included a doctor, who kept a close and watchful eye on me while I slept, and coughed, and sneezed, and spluttered, and rested, and read, (and used a credit card which they threatened to remove and lock up) and visited cathedrals and ancient English market towns…..under their tender and loving care……it was decided to let the thing (a bad cold brought on by absolute exhaustion) heal of its own accord, as I was resting; however, antibiotics had been threatened should the thing have shown little sign of wanting to heal….which was the case for much of the first week of my visit…..
Scepticalscribe is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion