Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thet3chbr0th3r5

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
This is how I use mine. Let me know what you think... and tell me how you use yours? I'm very interested in your thoughts...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 398

kylera

macrumors 65816
Dec 5, 2010
Seoul
I don't have the Mini - I have the iPad 4, iPhone 4S and an iPod Touch 4G.

In order of which leaves my house the most, from top to bottom, it would be the iPhone, followed by the iPad at a very close second, and the Touch at a pretty distant third.

Besides basic telephony, my iPhone is my go-to device for messaging (KakaoTalk) and exercise (Nike Training Camp) as well as keeping track of my spending (Moneywiz) and my to-dos (Clear and OmniFocus).

Basically the only times my iPad doesn't leave the house are when I'm out doing groceries or when I'm travelling. Other than that, it's always on me when I'm at work or when I just go out for social gatherings. For work, I use the iPad as a second screen for my MBA (Air Display), as well as reading various documents on the go, or if need be, make edits.

When my iPad is not in a work situation, it's my primary gaming device as well as consuming multimedia contents (Air Video, YouTube). I also use it a lot for my news habits (newspaper, RSS, magazines).

My Touch actually serves a pretty unique purpose given where I live. Since I jailbroke both my iPhone and my iPad, they cannot use banking apps made by the banks here, so I use the unjailbroken Touch for finance needs, like checking my balance, transferring money, or making online purchases. Online banking in Korea requires ActiveX, and it's just too cumbersome to deal with, since I need an installation of Windows. As such, the Touch takes care of that, saving me gigabytes.

shenfrey

macrumors 68020
May 23, 2010
Unless your a high flying business man, I don't quite see the need to own an iPad and an iPad mini but thats probably because i'm strange?

However, I use my iPad at home (in bed, living room etc), iphone I take everywhere : )

adnoh

macrumors 6502a
Nov 14, 2010
Only have the mini and an IP5.

The IP5 goes with me everywhere.

The mini stays at home or if im not saying at my place for the night ;) then I'll take it with me. Also travels with me on business and i use it in the hotel.

badman89

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2011
Unless your a high flying business man, I don't quite see the need to own an iPad and an iPad mini but thats probably because i'm strange?

However, I use my iPad at home (in bed, living room etc), iphone I take everywhere : )

>Implying that high flying business men need both an iPad and an iPad mini.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I see no reason to own two iPads, I only use a single iPad and my iPhone.

Essenar

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2008
The iPhone 4S is my tether. My iPad2 doesn't see much action aside from keeping the kiddies quiet on long car trips.

I'm not a high flying business man:

My iPad Retina is EVERYTHING. It's my gaming machine, my book reader, my communications device, my movie watching device, stress reliever... I use this thing for everything.

My iPod Touch is my work out companion, texting while on WiFi device, music machine, camera.

I would say the iPad 4 is my fully loaded Lexus and the iPod Touch is like my naked Ducati sport bike.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.