Go Back   MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion

Old Apr 2, 2013, 07:02 AM   #26
Nightarchaon
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squilly View Post
Can't go wrong with Apple. I still think it'll shoot up once it hits its absolute bottom.
Isn't absolute bottom zero ? there is always the risk that apple is beginning its long slow decent into the pit it was in last time it was without Steve Jobs at the helm.

Right now i would dump stock in apple if i had it, with no sniff of a new disruptive device on the horizon (I don't count a watch, or a TV as a disruptive device)

Apple would need to announce its own Games Console (via the apple TV) or some sort of disruptive Internet based subscription TV network to get its stock to rally decently again, minor speed bumps and higher resolution screens are not disruptive, and the competitors have caught up, and passed apple on the innovation front, you can only sell your product on looks alone for so long before it seems stale and the market moves on.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 12:44 PM   #27
SockRolid
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jncoanalog View Post
Well, if only we could restrict that comment to analysts...
Men seem to always (or at least 99.9% of the time) be more concerned with competing against each other, leaving the difficult task of being correct to the women!
Couldn't we just hand them (women) the world already?

P.S.: no irony here, I'm being dead serious...
I see your point. But, of course, men also compete against women.
Not just against other men.

MacRumors Forums > News and Article Discussion > Mac Blog Discussion