Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

butterflywoman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2013
Hello,

I need the pure raw video I took--I very specifically may not edit it. I'm not so technologically savvy and am therefore scared to do anything with my event that may compromise it. The one thing I did to it is shorten it. I removed clips off of either end. What I want to do now is make sure I don't lose it. I'd like to move it to Google Drive, but when I go to upload it the event shows as three different clips. One is 52 minutes, the other two are less than 2 minutes. The clip as I shortened it is 17:49. Soooo, why doesn't it show as a 17:49 clip in Finder? Do I need to move it to Projects? Will that mess it up, or is that the necessary next step on my way to moving the video around (to Google Drive, to dvd, to the website portfolio where I will eventually be required to upload it)?

Thanks in advance.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
iMovie, like all modern editing software, is non-destructive which means that what you do to video in the software (cut it up, add effects, etc.,) does not change the video clip itself that is sitting on your hard drive. What you need to do is export the 17:49 long clip you made out of iMovie. I'm not familiar with iMovie so I can't recommend how to do it so you retain the most quality but I'm sure someone else will chime in soon with that info.

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
First things first. Before you start asking what you wish to do. How about telling us if you have any editing software?. Then one can look at your questions and continue.
What you are asking is possible.:apple:

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
First things first. Before you start asking what you wish to do. How about telling us if you have any editing software?. Then one can look at your questions and continue.
What you are asking is possible.:apple:
The OP said they are using iMovie and that they have already edited a clip down to the desired duration. They just need to export that clip out at high quality and upload it to their Google Drive.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.