Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

Old Aug 20, 2013, 06:03 PM   #1
sundog925
macrumors 6502a

i need a forum username name change

1. is it possible? (i believe it is since moderators have unparalleled control)

and

2. i would like it to be sundog925 in verbatim

thank you.
sundog925 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2013, 09:48 PM   #2
lunaoso
macrumors 65816

http://guides.macrumors.com/Help:Mac...y_user_name.3F

The admins can to do it for you if they want to but they don't have to. Good luck!
Old Aug 20, 2013, 11:01 PM   #3
macs4nw
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELMNT925 View Post
1. is it possible? (i believe it is since moderators have unparalleled control) and 2. i would like it to be sundog925 in verbatim
thank you.
You'd have to have a darn good reason to convince them to do so. Gets too messy with quotes. It's right in the Rules:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can I change my user name?
The forum software does not let you change your user name.

If you mistyped your user name while registering, typed a user name longer than 15 characters that was then truncated, or mistakenly tried to put your email address in the user name field, promptly ask for it to be corrected using the Contact form.

If you are simply tired of your user name, consider the following problems that can result if your user name is changed:

Other forum members will be confused, wondering where you went or how an apparently new member appeared.
Your new user name will be shown next to each of your posts, but posts that mention you by name will still show your old user name, causing further confusion.
In particular, posts that quote your posts will say Originally Posted by (oldusername) while the linked-to post will not match that name.
If you have participated in editing any of the MacRumors Guides, the edit history will show the wrong information, listing the old user name as page author and in edit histories.
If you use the Marketplace forum, your records of successful transactions will probably be missed by other users.
If you use the same name at multiple websites and think that your user name at MacRumors should match, remember that making yourself easier to find across websites can have disadvantages as well. Using different user names adds to your privacy.
If you have been mentioned in lists or forum announcements or been given kudos for achievements, e.g., contest winners, member directories, top poster reports, or credit for news story submissions, they will reflect the wrong user name.
User names can be changed only manually by the administrators. While we understand that it is sometimes necessary, handling such requests, including the required recordkeeping, takes time away from work that benefits all forum users.
If you think that your case represents an exception to these cautions, use the Contact form to request a change of user name and explain the circumstances. You must mention that you have read this FAQ section; otherwise we will refer you to it. We will consider your request and grant it, deny it, or ask for more information.

We have found that this policy strikes the right balance between members with user name concerns and the forum community as a whole.

We prohibit user name changes made for the purpose of "hiding" from previously made posts, covering up a bad reputation, or to trick other users. You may not change user names by re-registering since re-registration violates forum rules.

The quality of your posts defines you more than your user name, but once you've established a presence in the forums people tend to recognize you by your user name and your avatar if you have one. It benefits the community for you to keep your user name, which is why we discourage user name changes. If you are itching for a change and have an avatar, we suggest that you upload a new avatar!
Old Aug 21, 2013, 02:34 AM   #4
Macman45
macrumors G5

Sen an email with the reasons for the requested change to the admins. They will then decide if you have a valid reason for the change....It's not impossible to do.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 09:34 PM   #5
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
1. is it possible? (i believe it is since moderators have unparalleled control)

and

2. i would like it to be sundog925 in verbatim

thank you.
If you haven't already done so, please send us your request via the Contact Us form and the administrators will get back with you on the change.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 09:59 PM   #6
sundog925
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandboxGeneral View Post
If you haven't already done so, please send us your request via the Contact Us form and the administrators will get back with you on the change.
already did. just waiting on them to change it.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:04 PM   #7
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
already did. just waiting on them to change it.
No problem then. A Contact Us form typically takes a few days or so before it gets answered; but it will be answered.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:37 PM   #8
sundog925
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
No problem then. A Contact Us form typically takes a few days or so before it gets answered; but it will be answered.
Quite funny that a mod note gets addressed immediately but something like this takes days. No offense, but just funny.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:41 PM   #9
SandboxGeneral

Quote:
Quite funny that a mod note gets addressed immediately but something like this takes days. No offense, but just funny.
It's handled by different people who work different schedules across multiple sites.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 01:25 AM   #10
sundog925
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
It's handled by different people who work different schedules across multiple sites.
noted.
Old Aug 22, 2013, 02:15 PM   #11
dejo

Quote:
(i believe it is since moderators have unparalleled control)
We don't. The only one with unparalleled control is arn. Next in rank is the admins. Then comes us moderators.
dejo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 22, 2013, 06:15 PM   #12
chumawumba
Banned

At least you didn't spell your password wrong during registration during the retyping as well like me.
chumawumba is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:52 PM   #13
sundog925
macrumors 6502a

For those inquiring minds that want to know, 3 days later and it is changed. The system works.
sundog925 is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback