Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:52 PM   #1
Phil1961
macrumors newbie

International charging

Hi All - I am travelling to London, Paris, and Rome soon and was wondering what I need to charge an iPad and iPhone 5? I bought the Apple Travel Kit (does not support iPhone 5) and a USB International Adapter/Charger. Will that suffice? Do I need another converter? Thanks in advance for the help.
Phil1961 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2013, 03:56 PM   #2
r.j.s
Moderator emeritus

The only thing you need is the plug adapters to fit the plugs in those countries. The bricks can handle the voltage difference.
r.j.s is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2013, 09:47 AM   #3
JerseyDoug
macrumors regular

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by r.j.s View Post
The only thing you need is the plug adapters to fit the plugs in those countries. The bricks can handle the voltage difference.
This is correct. You don't need the voltage converter. Leave it at home.

My daughter spent last spring semester in London and travelled to several European countries with her iPhone and iPad.

From the Apple web site --

"The AC plugs included in the World Travel Adapter Kit directly support outlets in North America, Japan, China, United Kingdom, Continental Europe, Korea, Australia, and Hong Kong.
Please note. To use this kit with devices that use a Lightning connector — such as iPhone 5, iPad mini, and iPad with Retina display — you will need a Lightning to USB Cable, sold separately."
JerseyDoug is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2013, 11:05 PM   #4
JPNFRK7
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil1961 View Post
Hi All - I am travelling to London, Paris, and Rome soon and was wondering what I need to charge an iPad and iPhone 5? I bought the Apple Travel Kit (does not support iPhone 5) and a USB International Adapter/Charger. Will that suffice? Do I need another converter? Thanks in advance for the help.
You do not need a converter for any of apples chargers. They all run on 120 (US) to 240(EURO). I used a converter to charge my Macbook once before doing research and the converter burned up. I pulled 60W out of a 55W converter. You only need the adapter part for going into the plug of the country you are visiting.
JPNFRK7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2013, 02:14 PM   #5
Phil1961
macrumors newbie

Thanks!

Awesome everyone - thanks!
Phil1961 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPad > iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting