Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jul 30, 2013, 04:41 PM   #1
Krissypantz2828
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
iOS 7 beta 4 still sucks the life out of battery even with fresh install

Ugh! Yes people I know it is a beta but you think it would have improved a little at least.
Krissypantz2828 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 04:43 PM   #2
LostSoul80
macrumors 68020
 
LostSoul80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
You are providing no information at all.
If you just want to worry about it, remember it is not the final release. So no, do not expect anything out of a probably mid cycle beta release of an operating system.
__________________
Automatic Fans: UltraFan
LostSoul80 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 04:44 PM   #3
batting1000
macrumors 601
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Florida
Did you try this?

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1615584
__________________
Verizon iPhone 6 (4.7") - iOS 8.1
iPad Air - iOS 8.1
Late 2012 i5 Mac mini
batting1000 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 05:44 PM   #4
Armen
macrumors 68030
 
Armen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissypantz2828 View Post
Ugh! Yes people I know it is a beta but you think it would have improved a little at least.
Please clarify Fresh install. Fresh install is what I did with Beta 4:

1. Shift-Restore > pointed to Beta 4 IPSW file
2. Setup the phone "NEW".
3. Reinstalled all my apps
4. Re-entered all my mail accounts, iTunes information etc.
5. Re configured all my settings.

The battery life I'm experiencing right now is very close to iOS 6.
__________________
iPhone 5 32GB Black (A1429); Mid 2013 Macbook Pro 8GB, 500GB; iPad Mini, 1st Gen Apple TV
Armen is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 06:38 PM   #5
Krissypantz2828
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen View Post
Please clarify Fresh install. Fresh install is what I did with Beta 4:

1. Shift-Restore > pointed to Beta 4 IPSW file
2. Setup the phone "NEW".
3. Reinstalled all my apps
4. Re-entered all my mail accounts, iTunes information etc.
5. Re configured all my settings.

The battery life I'm experiencing right now is very close to iOS 6.
Did all that, plus the other "developers solution" ... did that today so we will see tomorrow.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by batting1000 View Post
Just tried it, I will know more tomorrow I guess
Krissypantz2828 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 08:18 PM   #6
Armen
macrumors 68030
 
Armen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissypantz2828 View Post
Did all that, plus the other "developers solution" ... did that today so we will see tomorrow.
Just tried it, I will know more tomorrow I guess
I'll be really surprised if after all those steps your battery is not better
__________________
iPhone 5 32GB Black (A1429); Mid 2013 Macbook Pro 8GB, 500GB; iPad Mini, 1st Gen Apple TV
Armen is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 30, 2013, 08:21 PM   #7
falconeight
Guest
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
I had to reset my phone and the battery is better.
falconeight is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 01:28 AM   #8
VSMacOne
macrumors 68030
 
VSMacOne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
I'm definitely seeing worse battery life in beta 4 even after doing a Reset All Settings. I just let my battery go down to 1% and now recharging in hope of a better calibration but it's still not bad enough to warrant a fresh install. Holding off on that until the GM.
VSMacOne is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 01:34 AM   #9
cRuNcHiE
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Mine seems to be running great so far !
Phone not getting hot and it's a hell of a lot smoother
cRuNcHiE is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 02:59 AM   #10
thomas-chk
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Hi, my phone is very hot since my update ota from beta 3 to 4 and battery life is dropping very fast. I just reset all my settings, waiting to see how it goes.
If it doesn't work I have few questions, maybe it can help :
If I restore my phone with iTunes, will it delete all my data ? do you advise to restore from beta 3 or 4?
Thanks a lot
thomas-chk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 04:24 AM   #11
Krissypantz2828
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas-chk View Post
Hi, my phone is very hot since my update ota from beta 3 to 4 and battery life is dropping very fast. I just reset all my settings, waiting to see how it goes.
If it doesn't work I have few questions, maybe it can help :
If I restore my phone with iTunes, will it delete all my data ? do you advise to restore from beta 3 or 4?
Thanks a lot
If you restore, you can back up from a saved back up..So you wont lose your apps. But when Ive done that before I somehow ended up having to download some because they were missing..

Either way doing a clean install- restoring new beta and set up as new iphone is the best way to install betas to reduce the amount of battery drainage and glitches etc...

Also when your phone gets really hot, turn it off until it gets to a normal temp.

Although doing a clean install may not help the over heating..it depends..hit or miss!
Krissypantz2828 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 04:29 AM   #12
thomas-chk
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krissypantz2828 View Post
If you restore, you can back up from a saved back up..So you wont lose your apps. But when Ive done that before I somehow ended up having to download some because they were missing..

Either way doing a clean install- restoring new beta and set up as new iphone is the best way to install betas to reduce the amount of battery drainage and glitches etc...

Also when your phone gets really hot, turn it off until it gets to a normal temp.

Although doing a clean install may not help the over heating..it depends..hit or miss!
Thanks ! so maybe i should restore with beta 3 ? cause it wasn't that hot with this one, what do you think ?
thomas-chk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 04:39 AM   #13
NovemberWhiskey
macrumors 68000
 
Join Date: May 2009
It's been great to me, even as an OTA update.

I would say it's almost as good as ios6. A lot changed after tweaking the settings mentioned in the other links.

I'd also say that if you fresh restored, and are re-setting up the phone, your post was pretty premature in concluding the battery life was bad. You only had at most a day of use on it, and it was probably used to download (and upgrade things in the background).
NovemberWhiskey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 04:41 AM   #14
Krissypantz2828
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armen View Post
I'll be really surprised if after all those steps your battery is not better
Im noticing that my phone took a long time to get down from 24% to 1% after following the developers instructions! I will know more once its fully charged!
Krissypantz2828 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 05:07 AM   #15
thomas-chk
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas-chk View Post
Hi, my phone is very hot since my update ota from beta 3 to 4 and battery life is dropping very fast. I just reset all my settings, waiting to see how it goes.
If it doesn't work I have few questions, maybe it can help :
If I restore my phone with iTunes, will it delete all my data ? do you advise to restore from beta 3 or 4?
Thanks a lot
Weird, since i restarted my phone, it doesn't get any warmer and battery is ok...
thomas-chk is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 01:32 PM   #16
Krissypantz2828
Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas-chk View Post
Thanks ! so maybe i should restore with beta 3 ? cause it wasn't that hot with this one, what do you think ?
Try out beta 4! With a full restore and download all your apps along with following the developers instructions on how to potentially fix the battery
Krissypantz2828 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 31, 2013, 02:54 PM   #17
bad03xtreme
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Northern, VA
Sometimes my phone will not charge using and aftermarket lightning cable. It shows the lightning bolt but doesn't charge every time, it just holds the same battery %. Is this something to do with the new warning because I no longer get the dismiss option on the lock screen. iPhone 5 w/ beta 4.
__________________
bad03xtreme is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
iOS 7 Beta 3 Battery Life aimee.elizabeth iOS 7 101 Oct 23, 2013 01:03 PM
iOS 7 Fresh install of Beta 3 - Missing stock apps fullauto iOS 7 4 Jul 27, 2013 04:48 AM
iOS 7 beta 3 fresh install bricked my phone? Dylatron2000 iOS 7 19 Jul 16, 2013 10:37 AM
Help! Why bad battery life with iOS 7 after fresh restore? HeyKatie iOS 7 19 Jun 27, 2013 09:51 PM
Hows your iPhone 5 battery life with iOS 7? Mines sucks Chuck-Norris iPhone 18 Jun 17, 2013 06:49 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:56 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC