Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haruhiko

macrumors 604
Sep 29, 2009
I just got an iPad 4 that I thought was burning through battery life pretty quick but I just chalked that up to it being more power hungry than my 4S which I haven't really noticed suffering from poor battery performance lately.

Maybe 6.1 will improve the power consumption of the iPad 4.
I have no technical expertise in this area, so I just blindly hope.

D.
my iPad 4 LTE has the longest battery life of the iOS devices I have ever had. One hour of "bejeweled HD", iMessage, web browsing, twitter, Facebook, only used 5-6% of battery.

Kar98

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2007
Wake me up when the music player has "up next"

Right? I've been using the iTunes DJ feature in iTunes to load random music to my phone. Refresh a couple of times, add the contents to a playlist, and play in car. Now there is no obvious way to do that.

rajivvarma

Cancelled
Aug 19, 2008
I don't know about everyone else, but all of my iOS 6 devices suck with Wifi (iphone 4s, ipad 4 and ipad 2)
Starbucks Wifi won't work - the splash screen that you need to click 'i agree' on often wont pop up. I'd have to turn the device off and on.
Wifi hotspot plain stopped working. works fine on iOS 5. Rogers Canada here...

Add to that I'm getting around 1 hour less battery with iOS 6 (on iOS 5, i'm going home with 80-85% battery life.)
now I'm lucky to be in the 70s

pain in the butt over all. hopefull

I have the exact same problem on my iPhone 5 6.0.1.

Deako

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2010
United Kingdom
I havent installed this yet, but the very nature of it being released has made Safari feel 'snappier' and my battery life issues are fixed.:D

amorya

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
"I'd like to, Dave but I cannot. My apologies"

Disappointed - both that you can't actaully use siri for something so obvious and also because my name gives the perfect excuse to come back with

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."

Try telling it to open the pod bay doors…

tehpea

macrumors member
Dec 10, 2011
Portugal
LTE enabled for Vodafone Portugal (1800MHz band only, currently very limited coverage)

original

Limboistik

macrumors regular
Aug 11, 2011
They need to fix the LTE issues.
There's currently a delay randomly when browsing on iPhone 5, as if it's looking for a connection" every now and then, before the LTE kicks in.
Pretty annoying and defeats the purpose of LTE speeds.

sanke1

macrumors 65816
Nov 9, 2010
My 4S randomly goes into No Service mode. Need to reboot the phone to get network. Any fixes for this?

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
My 4S randomly goes into No Service mode. Need to reboot the phone to get network. Any fixes for this?

My wifes new (2 month old) 4s started doing that when we were in a low signal area and it went in and out of 3G. Then when returned home with 5 bar service continued doing it randomly. I removed the SIM and cleaned it with a pencil eraser then wiped with alcohol pad and let dry, re-installed it and have not done it since (about 3 weeks now). We are on Verizon CDMA so technically should not be using the SIM. Anyway may want to try that as it fixed hers so far. Also airplane mode toggle on then off got hers back connected when it was doing it. Quicker than a reboot.

----------

OK guys so 3 days now, anyone have update on wifi connectivity/performance and battery life of beta 3? More specifically for 4s? 6.0.1 supposed to have helped wifi but stated iPhone 5 in the notes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.