Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

When will the Haswell 2013 iMac be released?

• Q3 (July, August, September)

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • Q4 (October, November, December)

Votes: 57 64.8%

• Total voters

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
so for sure the new imac will feature wifi ac, haswell chip and faster fusion drive/ssd. But there is a chance to keep the old GPU like 680mx etc? like they did with macbook pro and 650M?

richest

macrumors regular
Jul 16, 2012
When will we have a better idea about the imac role out via Apple insider etc.

Will it be October onwards when the part numbers thing and leaked images kick in?

Zandros

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2010
so for sure the new imac will feature wifi ac, haswell chip and faster fusion drive/ssd. But there is a chance to keep the old GPU like 680mx etc? like they did with macbook pro and 650M?

The Macbook Pro did not keep the 650M through any platform update? Last time they didn't upgrade the GPU with an update was in 2006, IIRC.

I would argue that Intel's mid-cycle "free" 100 MHz bumps don't really count.

Serban

Suspended
Jan 8, 2013
sorry i thought that macbook pro 2011 has 650M and for the 2012 still kept the same GPU

mrmarts

macrumors 65816
Feb 6, 2009
Melbourne Australia
I have painfully decided to look at getting the current model, I have been patient and after gathering information, I do not believe this years model is worth waiting for, besides nothing in my house uses ac wifi not even the future game consoles i.e ps4. So if i save money on a new current model i will buy one.

TwoBytes

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 2, 2008
PCIe flash storage? difficult to happen....

How did you come to that conclusion?

Seeing as the MacBook airs got PCIe, the Mac pro is getting PCIe, if anything it's the most likely prediction the new iMac will get PCIe. Even for supplyer reasons using the same part is cheaper for Apple if they have more reason to bulk order.

ioannis2005gr

macrumors 6502
Aug 10, 2013
Europe
How did you come to that conclusion?

Seeing as the MacBook airs got PCIe, the Mac pro is getting PCIe, if anything it's the most likely prediction the new iMac will get PCIe. Even for supplyer reasons using the same part is cheaper for Apple if they have more reason to bulk order.

First of all, I am not sure if it fits inside a 21.5'' iMac. Also, is a 2012 iMac compatible with AHCI [Advanced Host Controller Interface]? Besides, does APPLE want to go "deeper" and upgrade several other things,too? ...such as graphics. Will the cost of the basic model be affected (upstream)?

New Technologies, total cost and average required time to incorporate must be considered before roll-out date is going to be announced....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.