Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Ex-Playboy model goes knickerless and poses as TV presenter. TV crew set up interview and she flashes him Sharon Stone style mid interview.

It's edited, but lets call it NSFW anyway.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_swdEx4btew

Would love to see our PM pranked like this. Or Gordon Brown, he'd have had a heart attack :p

Hmm. Not at all sure that this is my idea of what is supposed to be fun. It is not really clever, and I don't see it as especially original. Pranking should be subtle, intelligent as well as pointed and political. This is neither. Besides, I suppose I have a few additional reservations.

Firstly, the office of PM - by virtue of being the office - deserves, to my mind, some respect. Mock their policies, interrogate their ideals, monitor their laws, but show a modicum of respect to the office of an elected head of government.

Secondly, even though the lady in question clearly initiated it (or was party to this prank), I'd prefer if women on TV occasionally could be viewed in terms of something more than their appearance, their looks, or putative sexual appeal, knickerless or not.

And thirdly, much more importantly, while almost insane at some level, even grotesquely hilarious, Serbian politics are not as funny as some think, even in recent times. This is a country which had a revolution in 2000, and where the continued survival of democratic values, parties and ideals remains on a knife-edge, as those who see themselves as democrats try to face down those who represent the demons of the more recent past and its accompanying atrocities.

Worth noting is the fact that it is also a country where a former President of Serbia, (Mr Ivan Stambolic), the guy who preceded Mr Slobodan Milosevic, (and who lost office at the end of 1987, essentially for being too sane and moderate on simmering questions of nationalism) was kidnapped and murdered while out jogging in 2000, apparently on the orders of his successor, Mr Milosevic. And, it is also the country where the democratically elected Prime Minister, Mr Zoran Djindjic, was assassinated in 2003, as he attempted to balance himself and his crutches while trying to get into his official car (the fool had broken his leg playing soccer), allowing what is thought to have been a special forces operative to get a clean shot at his head.

If Mr Cameron were to be pranked, I would like to see it done in a barbed, pointed, intelligent and above all, political manner. As was done on Irish TV (RTÉ) over ten years ago with Mr Gerry Adams.....

duneriderltr450

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2012
Oregon
Hmm. Not at all sure that this is my idea of what is supposed to be fun. It is not really clever, and I don't see it as especially original. Pranking should be subtle, intelligent as well as pointed and political. This is neither. Besides, I suppose I have a few additional reservations.

Firstly, the office of PM - by virtue of being the office - deserves, to my mind, some respect. Mock their policies, interrogate their ideals, monitor their laws, but show a modicum of respect to the office of an elected head of government.

Secondly, even though the lady in question clearly initiated it (or was party to this prank), I'd prefer if women on TV occasionally could be viewed in terms of something more than their appearance, their looks, or putative sexual appeal, knickerless or not.

And thirdly, much more importantly, while almost insane at some level, even grotesquely hilarious, Serbian politics are not as funny as some think, even in recent times. This is a country which had a revolution in 2000, and where the continued survival of democratic values, parties and ideals remains on a knife-edge, as those who see themselves as democrats try to face down those who represent the demons of the more recent past and its accompanying atrocities.

Worth noting is the fact that it is also a country where a former President of Serbia, (Mr Ivan Stambolic), the guy who preceded Mr Slobodan Milosevic, (and who lost office at the end of 1987, essentially for being too sane and moderate on simmering questions of nationalism) was kidnapped and murdered while out jogging in 2000, apparently on the orders of his successor, Mr Milosevic. And, it is also the country where the democratically elected Prime Minister, Mr Zoran Djindjic, was assassinated in 2003, as he attempted to balance himself and his crutches while trying to get into his official car (the fool had broken his leg playing soccer), allowing what is thought to have been a special forces operative to get a clean shot at his head.

If Mr Cameron were to be pranked, I would like to see it done in a barbed, pointed, intelligent and above all, political manner. As was done on Irish TV (RTÉ) over ten years ago with Mr Gerry Adams.....

Don't get your knickers in a bunch.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
Don't get your knickers in a bunch.

Is that funny ha-ha, or a feeble attempt to be funny, or just a trite piece of witless patronising condescension on your part?

If you know anything about Serbian politics (and I suspect that you do not) then I doubt you will see the side splitting aspects of that 'prank'.

Happybunny

macrumors 68000
Sep 9, 2010

I feel exactly the same way about David Beckham being confused as a real footballer just based on his looks.

But I do take your point that Balkan politics is far from a laughing matter.

The Balkans is cesspool that we in Europe will one day have to drain.

Last edited:

niuniu

macrumors 68020
Original poster

If you follow British politics, you'll know that our satire is repetitively 'barbed, pointed, intelligent and political'.

Nothing wrong with taking the stick out and lightening up once in a while.

Peace

Cancelled
Apr 1, 2005
Space The Only Frontier
If you follow British politics, you'll know that our satire is repetitively 'barbed, pointed, intelligent and political'.

Nothing wrong with taking the stick out and lightening up once in a while.

Here here !

I wish the US congress was like parliament . I could watch those for days. Very entertaining.

Puevlo

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2011
Considering the unnatural horrors that Serbs have unleashed upon their neighbours in recent times I think they have no reason to complain.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.