Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bwillwall

Suspended
Dec 24, 2009
Looks great in my Dashboard lol :p

screenshot20121213at524.png

Good idea!

coolfactor

macrumors 604
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Historical would be great, even if its just a floating 7 days.

Use the arrow buttons to scroll through the days. You commented before trying it out?

----------

It's all well and good adding extra indicators, but half the time they dont even damn well acknowledge there is an outage at all.

So a complete redesign of the whole thing doesn't give you pause before you complain about the old one? How about wait and see if your complaint is actually addressed by this new one, eh? :)

r2shyyou

macrumors 68000
Oct 3, 2010
Paris, France
They actually do appear to have history at least back for 3 days. Not sure if it's such a short period because they've just enabled it or if that's as far back as it will go. But you can scroll back and see what individual issues existed over time.

Pretty neat.

Yeah, I saw that but, at least as of this morning, it doesn't seem to go back very far. If I recall from yesterday (didn't take a screenshot), it also only went back to the beginning of the day. Maybe I'm forgetting though or didn't pay close enough attention.

Attachments

• icloudsystemstatustimeline.png
    icloudsystemstatustimeline.png
    7 KB · Views: 88

Macist

macrumors 6502a
Mar 13, 2009
Apple suck at cloud. It's that simple. They should have made some big acquisitions years back. Most of their DIY-efforts turn to poo.

stepshows

macrumors member
Aug 10, 2010
Interesting and Useful

Thanks for the article. I wasn't aware that a status page existed. Fortunately, I've scheduled all of my unschedule outages to occur while I'm asleep. ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.