Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cjmillsnun

macrumors 68020
Aug 28, 2009
Apple didn't screw up, they just don't care. If they wanted to prevent non-devs form installing the beta, they easily could. But they don't.

That's an opinion. The fact is there are some restrictions, but they can be worked around. That is a screw up. Whether it is deliberate or accidental is a matter for conjecture.

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
I would think that as iOS devices become more popular the rate of developers to users would drop. Of course there will be a greater number of developers but the number of users will outstrip developers. The rate would drop even as the absolute number goes up.

I also think these numbers represent non-developers getting and installing iOS 7 'illegally'. How can you blame them. Apple has iOS 7 plastered all over the front page of its web site.

Also over time developers now have more extra devices to dedicate to the new OS. And they have to because the change is so extreme.

xenotek

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2003
Redwood City, CA
iOS 7 beta 2 problems

Looks great but has been giving me major problems.
iOS 7.0.2 running on a factory unlocked iPhone 5 from UK. System has crashed and stalls on device initiation. Apple logo appears but spinner does not move. After a few minutes continually restarts. The device is recognized in iTunes but cannot sync. Restore iPhone option says that Find My iPhone must be turned off from the iPhone (which will not fully load). Within iCloud, the device is not listed as one of my devices. Unsure how to unbrick. Not happy.

iMrNiceGuy0023

macrumors 68000
Jun 5, 2009
I know plenty of people with ios 7, just cause its "cool". They're a lot of people on Craigslist charging to put 7 on people's phones

Ries

macrumors 68020
Apr 21, 2007
That's an opinion. The fact is there are some restrictions, but they can be worked around. That is a screw up. Whether it is deliberate or accidental is a matter for conjecture.

It is not a screw up, we also add license keys to our software, but it can be hacked in 2 minutes by anyone knowing their stuff. It is not to protect the software, it is to show the courts, that it was a malicious action and not just a mistake when they "illegally" copied/used the software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.