Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrFister666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
OKAY. I made a profile on this site specifically to get help with this issue I've gotten myself into. Nobody seems to have worked themself into the same predicament as I; I've had absolutely no luck searching for a solution ANYWHERE.

I was running a windows 7 partition on my 13" MBP, mostly so I could play games on steam and use microsoft office products. I wanted to increase the size of my partition, but it wouldn't let me resize, so I tried deleting the whole thing and creating a new, bigger one. Well that didn't work, and for some reason it wouldn't let me creat any partition after that.

So I had a friend who is "knowledgable" about computers come over to help me. He suggested simply deleting OS X and installing Windows.... Well we did that, and now I have Windows 7 on my mac, but I don't have any of the BootCamp drivers :( This is really annoying as it disables a lot of basic features like ANY KIND of audio, and right-clicking.

So my question is, is there any way I can get these necessary drivers for my computer to work properly, without using the Apple disk OR BootCamp?

Someone please enlighten a p00r n00b!!:confused:

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
Any time you delete a Boot Camp partition, before recreating it, you should run Disk Utility to resolve any potential directory issues. This would have then allowed you to recreate a larger partition without having to nuke the OS X partition.

That said, the second link posted by the previous poster may give you a solution. The first link doesn't really apply unless you are running 10.6.

MrFister666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Okay, I downloaded the Drivers package from that second link, but just clicking it isn't letting me do anything (windows tells me I don't have the program to open it), and when I try to use it in device manager it says nothing in the folder has anything for any of my devices >___< I'm so confused lol. Should I try putting the drivers on a DVD and then loading them in windows? :confused:

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
You need to use OS X to open the .pkg file in order to get to the WindowsSupport.dmg (I'm not sure of any way to do this on Windows, but you may be able to unpack it with Linux). After you get the WindowsSupport.dmg, you need an archiving tool like 7-zip to extract the drivers folder. There will be an executable that installs the drivers inside the folder (Setup.exe).

Last edited:

MrFister666

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
The whole issue here is that I idiotically deleted OS X from my computer, so using it to open the file isn't an option for me. I also lost the OS X disc a while a go.... thinking I'm gonna have to bite the bullet and just get a new one.

Stooby Mcdoobie

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2012
Unfortunately, I can't think of a way to do it without OS X. Have you tried getting drivers through Windows Update?

edit: If you give me your MacBook's model identifier (e.g. MacBookPro7,2), I will upload the drivers to a file hosting site for you to download.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.