Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jayden0606

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Bergen County, NJ
I reset my Verizon FiOS router and that seemed to have fixed the issue with my home wifi not connecting.

How many did the update on the wifi network they are having the issues on?

touchu4g

macrumors member
May 19, 2012
iPad 3 Wifi on ios 7

For some reason, my friend cannot update his iPad to ios 7. In iTunes, he selects the ios 7 firmware, it updates. On his iPad, there is a black apple logo with a white background and stays that way. He is updating using the shift+update method. I told him to downgrade to 6.1.3 until I find a solution, he really wants ios 7 though. How can I fix this?

newtestleper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013
The problem rectifies itself (temporarily, no doubt) after you've joined a non-home network. I couldn't connect this morning, but after using my (protected) work wifi it connected first time when I got home. Last night and this morning it couldn't connect for love nor money. I hadn't rebooted my router.

Perth12

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2013
My device (iPhone 4s) has never had any troubles with wifi connectivity until installing ios 7 beta 1. No trouble connecting to whatever routers/ connections whatsoever but the connection keeps dropping out even in range requiring me to re-enter the wifi password. This happens with beta 2 aswell and is very frustrating.

8CoreWhore

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Tejas
My WiFi was fine on 7 beta 1. Then in 7 beta 2 my settings won't stick. I manually connect, it works for awhile, but if I turn wifi off or leave and come back, it will not connect... it doesn't remember the network.

EDIT===

Ok, I updated my AEBS firmware to it's latest version, and I also set up my laptop and iPhone MAC address up in "Timed Access" inside Network options in the base station to only connect to those two devices (recommended anyway) and I changed all the passwords.

It now works fine... not sure which action did it but I needed to do all of those anyway.

Last edited:

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
I think iCloud keychain is the culprit:

I didn't turn on icloud keychain when I first put ios 7 beta 2 on my iphone 5, but when I turned it on ios became unstable overall, it would lose wifi connection, and my password at home, once I turned icloud keychain off, wifi issues subsided, and iOS 7 is a bit more stable.

Jimrod

macrumors 65816
Jun 24, 2010
No, there's nothing changed. It's not just a bit faster, more stable or something like that... Too sad.
Does Apple know about the wifi problems? I don't think so because nothing was changed now and in the notes I can't find something related to these wifi problems.

I doubt it, they do seem to be in a bit of a bubble. As with the iPhone 4 "holding it wrong" issues, I expect they test in-house on all Apple gear and decide if it works on that it'll be fine everywhere. My Wi-Fi would only come back last night after a phone reset.

It's like all these companies trying to force us down the cloud route - in an ideal world yes, it makes sense, in reality people travel and end up with data roaming charges that could amount to $$$$'s if they were to put everything in "the cloud".

benji888

macrumors 68000
Sep 27, 2006
United States
iCloud Keychain is the culprit for me.

I tried turning this function on again, went through all the steps and then got home and it had difficulty connecting and then I had to select it and the password was gone. I did not have this problem for all the days I had iCloud Keychain off. So, I turned iCloud Keychain off and, after getting on wifi w/password and such, back to normal.

This is the first iteration of iCloud Keychain, so I'm sure it'll improve in future beta releases, I'm staying away from it myself, will try again in beta 3 (next week!:D)

Jayden0606

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Bergen County, NJ

I tried turning this function on again, went through all the steps and then got home and it had difficulty connecting and then I had to select it and the password was gone. I did not have this problem for all the days I had iCloud Keychain off. So, I turned iCloud Keychain off and, after getting on wifi w/password and such, back to normal.

This is the first iteration of iCloud Keychain, so I'm sure it'll improve in future beta releases, I'm staying away from it myself, will try again in beta 3 (next week!:D)

I'm trying it now... doesn't seem to be working for me.

May have to do a reset?

I did a soft reset (reboot) and still not working. This is the only change for me as well... turning iCloud Keychain on!

nhlfreak98

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2013
My iphone 5 always disconnects from wifi on iOS 6 idk why. I was at my cousins house and it didn't do this only at my house

newtestleper

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2013

Seems to have worked for me too. Keychain was already active from an earlier beta, but I just entered my password, enabled Keychain and then immediately disabled it. Connected to wifi first time after this.

Wali

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2013
Does anyone else seem to have major wifi problems with the beta? My iPhone 5 has wifi turned on, recognizes the network but continuously fails to join. This has happened at numerous locations. I've tried resetting network settings but it still is giving me problems. The interesting thing is that this has only started happening yesterday. Before then it was fine with ios 7

Yes I I have the same problem even my brother we got the iPhone 5 it's the ios. 7 fualt apple fix it!!!!!

Lisa M

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2013
IOS 7 Wifi Login Issue

Can someone please reply with what error message you are getting when trying to log on to Wifi with IOS 7? Reason is that I have an IPhone 4. I upgraded because someone who lives where I work said he was having trouble logging on to our Wifi. I'm a concierge at a high rise with free wifi for residents. With my old operating system that came with my phone, I was having no troubles & no one else had reported an issue, as well as our IT guy said prob was not with the wifi. Ever since upgrading to IOS 7, I get error message something about hotspot note being able to log on because server can't be found. I have no trouble logging on to my wifi at home. Another strange thing....I changed my settings so that I am not using so much of my cell data plan. If I set it right, it is not supposed to log on to internet unless there is wifi available. After I click "done" on the error message, I am able to view my facebook and my emails. When I was someplace without wifi yesterday, it would not log on to facebook.

saolis

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
Wifi signal disconects easily

I just upgraded to ios7, and it is pretty obvious that this new OS has a problem with wifi. In my office not so far from the wireless router my ip5 never lost the wifi connection, but now with ios7 it looses it pretty fast and does not re-connect automatically, i have to go to wifi and wait for it to show the network and tap on it to connect again. Does anyone have the same problem?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.