Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Wicked1

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2009
New Jersey
I've just played with the new Nokia 920..and I find myself strangely attracted to it...like Nicole kidmans bottom....red brake callipers on a yellow Ferrari ....I've been an avid iPhone apple man since 1990....please help curb my fetish desire to purchase a luminar 920...please apple make the iPhone 6 soon with the screen size of a 920, girly bold colours like an iPod....or just shoot me !

I am having the same thought of getting the Samsung Note II only because it bridges the gap for me to use one device to merge my phone and tablet, the other reason I am just a little but bored of iOS since I have been on it since the 3G

SAD*FACED*CLOWN

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2010
Houston, TX
The 920 is an excellent phone...the windows apps are lacking...but the hardware is great...I'd wait for the next Lumia or whatever comes out next year to replace the 920 before jumping The Apple ship

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Not true. The whole warranty process with Nokia is atrocious compared to Apple's service.

A lot of people have reported otherwise. I am just basing my opinions on what I read. Can you be more specific with what is so atrocious about it? I have heard nothing but good things; plenty of cases where Nokia is sending out a replacement phone and asking the user to drop their non working phone into the box and ship it back to them.

Peterg2

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The 920 is an excellent phone...the windows apps are lacking...but the hardware is great...I'd wait for the next Lumia or whatever comes out next year to replace the 920 before jumping The Apple ship

I wish it were true as I really wanted to go with it. However, spend enough time on wpcentral.com, taking into account that sales are far, far less than say the iphone 5 and you realise there seems to be way too many people going through multiple phones (and nothing like relatively minor imperfections like scuffing) with battery issues, build quality issues, bricking issues, sensor issues (largely due to dust and the design of the sensor). It really goes on and on.

Now I am reading crackberry.com but very early days to pass judgement although some users complaining (members with several hundred posts at minimum and been there years) are accused of trolling :)

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I love my Lumia 920… you should give in on the urge and buy one.

Or if you really meant Lumina, the car customizing shop… :p

lentini

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
A lot of people have reported otherwise. I am just basing my opinions on what I read. Can you be more specific with what is so atrocious about it? I have heard nothing but good things; plenty of cases where Nokia is sending out a replacement phone and asking the user to drop their non working phone into the box and ship it back to them.

Well in the UK you have to send it away. I had a slight fault with the camera and I sent it away with full details and examples of what it was doing. They ignored all that and just sent my phone unrepaired back after a week with a firmware update. I sent it away again and after a week they emailed me to say the 'Level 3 technician' had deemed it 'No Fault Found' as they couldn't replicate the fault. I provided them with a load of photos and videos affected by the fault and they finally replaced my phone.

I'm not alone. Loads have sent their phone away for it to come back with the same or even more faults.

Last edited:

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
Well in the UK you have to send it away. I had a slight fault with the camera and I sent it away with full details and examples of what it was doing. They ignored all that and just sent my phone unrepaired back after a week with a firmware update. I sent it away again and after a week they emailed me to say the 'Level 3 technician' had deemed it 'No Fault Found' as they couldn't replicate the fault. I provided them with a load of photos and videos affected by the fault and they finally replaced my phone.

I'm not alone. Loads have sent their phone away for it to come back with the same or even more faults.

I should have mentioned I was speaking for the US market through AT&T. UK has been plagued by this phone from the very beginning starting with a soft launch date and no stock anywhere. For the record you must send it out in the US too. I have heard of many people getting a repaired phone and a pair of earbuds (or some other freebie) thrown in for their troubles as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.