Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lilbrian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
I have a jail broken iPod touch iOS 5 and I want to know if I can display it to my tv. I have the cable that connects to the ipods headphone jack with the 3 color thing to connect to the tv. I want to know if I can please answer if you know how.

Last edited:

likethesoup2

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2011
Orlando, Florida
When you say 'display' . . . are you trying to watch a Netflix movie on your TV, or see the actual screen?

To watch a Netflix movie, I bought a cord at Best Buy (I think), but it goes out the bottom, the dock connector. That WILL NOT allow you to actually see the apps etc on your device, just watch a movie. But it worked great with my ipod touch.

I now have an iPhone, and got a cable that is an adapter, that accepts an HDMI cable, then goes into the dock connector. With that cable, you CAN see your screens etc.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think the cable you have only worked with an ipod that was called a 'video' ipod, that was made a few yrs ago.

Lilbrian

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 18, 2012
When you say 'display' . . . are you trying to watch a Netflix movie on your TV, or see the actual screen?

To watch a Netflix movie, I bought a cord at Best Buy (I think), but it goes out the bottom, the dock connector. That WILL NOT allow you to actually see the apps etc on your device, just watch a movie. But it worked great with my ipod touch.

I now have an iPhone, and got a cable that is an adapter, that accepts an HDMI cable, then goes into the dock connector. With that cable, you CAN see your screens etc.

I'm not 100% on this, but I think the cable you have only worked with an ipod that was called a 'video' ipod, that was made a few yrs ago.

I mean to display the whole iPod with something called displayout. I figured that the cables were for older ones but thanks for the reply.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.