Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xkmxkmxlmx

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2011
I am curious what happened to the previous computer OP was using up until 11 days ago? Did it disappear? Stop working?

I only ask because OP keeps saying that returning it is not an option and he NEEDS this computer.

Can you not buy something to hold you over? Maybe buy a laptop online? Maybe buy a refurb and return it? Or just use what you were using up until last week?

I hate to offer that advice because I think it is quite shady, but in this case it is almost as if Apple is offering you a loaner (which I don't understand why they generally don't in most situations since computers have become so ingrained in our every day use).

I am sorry, but things like this happen. Especially with newly redesigned models. It has happened for years now. This is nothing about 'the new Apple'. Just return the damn thing and suck it up for another month.

KrasHr

macrumors newbie
Jan 9, 2013
Out of curiosity, do you think you had more issues with this due to Fusion, or it's the same as any other disk? Thanks

Fusion wasn't at fault for this, I was. The same thing would've happened if I stopped the the partition process on any hard drive. The issue was the thing between the keyboard and the computer, me.

I was just glad that my issues and headaches were solved by a simple command line.

toddbe

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2007
End in sight

Good news - a new IMAC is heading towards me from China - 2nd day FedEx. I should have it on Thursday.

Emailing Tim Cook's office was the right suggestion - thanks lali and Richdmoore!

Apple really let the ball drop in this. What shame! Thanks for all of your help and suggestions!

Todd

oililymad

macrumors 6502
Jun 5, 2009
UK
Good news - a new IMAC is heading towards me from China - 2nd day FedEx. I should have it on Thursday.

Emailing Tim Cook's office was the right suggestion - thanks lali and Richdmoore!

Apple really let the ball drop in this. What shame! Thanks for all of your help and suggestions!

Todd

i was sure they would make it right :) great news. Im very glad they didn't disappoint (any further)

I hope at last you can enjoy your new iMac.

tewan

macrumors newbie
Jan 29, 2013

Glad it finally got sorted out... hopefully that wasn't the iMac I was supposed to get. =P

Happened to stumble upon this thread while searching for any fusion drive issues that may cause some worry.

The Monkey

macrumors 6502
Feb 19, 2006
Good news and the right result (though late). This will all be a distant memory and you'll love the 'puter.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.