Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories

Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:30 AM   #1
MrGimper
macrumors 6502a

Apple 30pin to lightning cable (the one with short lead)

Just bought the Apple lightning to 30pin adapter cable, the one with the short lead. Bought it from a high street store... noticed the lightning plug doesn't have the small indents on the sides and therefore doesn't "click" into the iphone 5 port, it kinda just pushes in.

Anyone else noticed this? Or is my lead sub standard?

G
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:19 AM   #2
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68020

Did you buy the apple one, i bought a knockoff and it is not the same as the apple one.

Can someone with the official apple one verify that it will both charge and sync.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:48 AM   #3
bhigh8
macrumors 6502

can someone tell what the 30 pin to lightning cable is for? how is it different than the regular adaptor? just the cable....and it $10 more.

thanks.
bhigh8 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2012, 07:57 AM   #4
From A Buick 8
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhigh8 View Post
can someone tell what the 30 pin to lightning cable is for? how is it different than the regular adaptor? just the cable....and it $10 more.

thanks.
Yes it is just a different way to accomplish the same thing and you get to spend $10 more to boot.
Old Nov 30, 2012, 08:46 AM   #5
takeshi74
macrumors 601

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGimper View Post
Just bought the Apple lightning to 30pin adapter cable, the one with the short lead. Bought it from a high street store... noticed the lightning plug doesn't have the small indents on the sides and therefore doesn't "click" into the iphone 5 port, it kinda just pushes in.

Anyone else noticed this? Or is my lead sub standard?
It's definitely not the Apple adapter. Always consider where you're buying from. It may be handy for use with a dock.

Quote:
can someone tell what the 30 pin to lightning cable is for?
Quote:
Originally Posted by From A Buick 8 View Post
Can someone with the official apple one verify that it will both charge and sync.
Apple can:
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MD...de=45#overview

Quote:
This 0.2 m long cabled adapter lets you connect devices with a Lightning connector to many of your 30-pin accessories.* Supports analog audio output, USB audio, as well as syncing and charging. Video output not supported.
Quote:
how is it different than the regular adaptor? just the cable....and it $10 more.
Yup. For those that need a cable solution. The adapter isn't suited for all situations.

Last edited by takeshi74; Dec 2, 2012 at 11:46 AM.
takeshi74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Accessories