Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

opinio

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
I use aMule as my main P2P client mostly for getting main stream mkvs etc. My wife is always looking for a lot of asian drama and she finds aMule is good for that as well. I use aMule simply because it was an easy change over from when I use to use eMule on a PC.

The servers are becoming limited and I am wondering if KAD and eDonkey are used as much as they use to be. eMule (same servers but for PC) seems popular still, but I am still wondering...

I am wondering what else is out there (OSX obviously) that is similar to aMule, or at least is good for similar videos.

opinio

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Mar 23, 2013
Why aren't you using bit torrent? Everyone moved to bit torrent. Transmission.app

There is a torrent specifically for Asian TV shows (a site)

D-Addicts :: Asian Drama Torrents‎

Thanks. I rarely use aMule anymore but with a new fibre Internet connection pulling through 95 megabits per second on Speedtest.com and a TB of data a month I am looking for ways to use the data allowance. :)

LucasG

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2010
I use Transmission and it works better. I did use uTorrent on Windows but prefer the simplicity of Transmission on the Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.