Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thewhitetower

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 25, 2011
Replaced my iP5 last Friday and the model number is ND662X which is different to the one that had scuffgate (MD662X)..this is in Australia

I've read in a thread somewhere that the ND model prefix is not a refurb as it's too early for refurbs to start making it through...

Serial number is DNPJCXXXXX....

btw - unit is flawless - no scuffs/marks/bad battery at this stage - 64GB Black

Refurb or 'new'???

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
Replaced my iP5 last Friday and the model number is ND662X which is different to the one that had scuffgate (MD662X)..this is in Australia

I've read in a thread somewhere that the ND model prefix is not a refurb as it's too early for refurbs to start making it through...

Refurb or 'new'???

Well, I have a week 34 that starts with that same serial, so probably new

mitty

macrumors regular
May 21, 2010
Melbourne
Surely there's no refurbs yet. They can barely make news ones let alone process refurbs and whatever that involves. If a phone went back with a scuffed back you would assume that it would get a new rear case at the very least.

EltonT

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2010
My scuffed ip5 had a model number of MD663ZP, my first and second replacement were ND663ZP. My first replacement had horrible battery life and the signal dropped occasionally for no reason, my second replacement was almost perfect except the battery still isn't as good as my original one.

sillywabbit

macrumors 6502a
Nov 10, 2012

Refurb or 'new'???

Mine, replaced today with: DNPJD Very similar to yours. Week 37 (September)

Flawless, except for a minor scratch on the rear of the phone on the aluminum. I am content though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.