Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
Congrats!

Assuming this is a '14? If it's a '13 you might want to rethink the deal before signing papers, a quick check of the local dealer inventory here shows advertised prices on the website (before even having to haggle) as up to $4900 off a '13 SEL (probably more markup on a Titanium since it's a higher trim) and they have a 2014 Titaniums listed for over $4k off and $3600 off on '14 SEs. Being these are advertised prices, there is still room to go down from there.

If it's a '14, I think that's a decent deal. If it's a '13, I would rethink.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Congrats OP. I just drove an Escape the other day through zip car. The Eco boost engine is quite good.

jav6454

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Quick update. I still haven't gotten the car. I am still waiting... apparently this car is directly from factory, in which case I think and hope I should fight those $900 delivery charge.

I'll call Wednesday and check how it's going. No, I haven't given them the cash. By the way, my "bill" states the car brings "Pan Vista" with it. Call me crazy, but isn't that the Panoramic Vista Roof? That's a $1.5k upgrade I didn't ask for. I wonder what will happen if the car brings it and I didn't ask for it.

Cancelled
Jun 21, 2010
Quick update. I still haven't gotten the car. I am still waiting... apparently this car is directly from factory, in which case I think and hope I should fight those $900 delivery charge.

I'll call Wednesday and check how it's going. No, I haven't given them the cash. By the way, my "bill" states the car brings "Pan Vista" with it. Call me crazy, but isn't that the Panoramic Vista Roof? That's a $1.5k upgrade I didn't ask for. I wonder what will happen if the car brings it and I didn't ask for it.

You might want to go in and ask for the build sheet. If it does have the roof, ask for a different car. There's plenty escapes out there

illusiumd

macrumors member
Aug 12, 2013
Hey can I ask the op for an update?! I'm trying to decide between a Tiguan and Escape as we'll...

jav6454

macrumors Core
Original poster
Nov 14, 2007
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Hey can I ask the op for an update?! I'm trying to decide between a Tiguan and Escape as we'll...

An update? I'm overdo with this thread. I have pics, but not with me. When I get back from my trip I'll try to remember to post some.

Get the Escape. What can I say? Great car, no issues. Love it.

puma1552

Suspended
Nov 20, 2008
An update? I'm overdo with this thread. I have pics, but not with me. When I get back from my trip I'll try to remember to post some.

Get the Escape. What can I say? Great car, no issues. Love it.

Time for pics, good sir.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.