Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IRL22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2012
Hi
My apple mail has not been working for a few weeks. I have an att email, and one day it simply would not send or receive mail. I deleted and re-added the account, and now it says "All Accounts are Offline" and won't synchronize. Any idea on how to get my mail working again would be great!

IRL22

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2012
Not that i'm aware of. I still log in through att to access my email online.

Nam Pla

macrumors regular
Jun 7, 2009
Thailand
Don't take my word for this, maybe someone more knowledgable can chime in. But I think if you delete your mail .plist file, which may be somehow corrupted, it will create a new one next time you use Mail.

I had similar problems with OS X Tiger and searched the internet and found that solution, and it worked for me. But as I say, I'm no expert and possibly someone can confirm (or refute) this as a solution.

DoctorCrap

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2012
Penang, Malaysia
Don't take my word for this, maybe someone more knowledgable can chime in. But I think if you delete your mail .plist file, which may be somehow corrupted, it will create a new one next time you use Mail.

I had similar problems with OS X Tiger and searched the internet and found that solution, and it worked for me. But as I say, I'm no expert and possibly someone can confirm (or refute) this as a solution.

This is somewhat a true way to solve your problem.
Many people do say you have to remove the plist files of the application if you have disabilities in the application.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.