Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old Nov 26, 2012, 02:08 AM   #1
filmbuff
macrumors 6502a

Hibernating even though it is in hibernatemode 0?

I have a problem that popped up for no apparent reason. I want my computer to wake up as quickly as possible so a while ago I put it in hibernatemode 0, which is supposed to be RAM sleep only (computer won't hibernate). It worked for a long time, then recently the computer started lagging on wake. If it sleeps for over an hour and I open the lid the screen image comes up immediately but I can't type or move the mouse for about 5 seconds. I double checked and it is still in mode 0. I also tried to delete the sleep image to gain 8GB of storage space but every time I put the computer to sleep or restart the sleep image comes back and I lose the free space.

Does anyone know what's going on here? I can't tell exactly when it happened but it may have been the last update that messed it up.
filmbuff is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:05 AM   #2
liv2wrshp
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to liv2wrshp
Mine is doing the exact same thing.
Old Nov 29, 2012, 12:41 AM   #3
filmbuff
macrumors 6502a

I believe I fixed it by checking "put hard disks to sleep when possible" for both battery and power adapter, then changing it to hibernatemode 1 and back to 0. The weird thing is I can't get rid of the 8GB sleep image.
filmbuff is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air