Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
It is brand new and according to the MBA settings, currently sits at 0 cycles. Seems odd that it wouldn't be at 100%. Just a mistake in the software?

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
not all batteries are equal. CB uses a fixed level to calculate % health. Just that not all batteries have the exact same capacity right off the bat to the resulting % will be off

FWIW, my brand new 2012 mbp had a reading of 93% with 0 cycle fully charged

It has since stayed at that amt since I have had it since June

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
Don't worry about it- 1% wouldn't be noticeable if it was a battery issue, which it probably isn't.

HarryWarden

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
not all batteries are equal

FWIW, my brand new 2012 mbp had a reading of 93% with 0 cycle fully charged

It has since stayed at that amt since I have had it since June

Thanks for the info:) At least my MBA came with ML as opposed to the Lion I thought it was going to come with because of the info on Amazon when I bought it. One less thing to update/worry about.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
It is brand new and according to the MBA settings, currently sits at 0 cycles. Seems odd that it wouldn't be at 100%. Just a mistake in the software?
It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

I don't have a need for it yet, but thanks for putting that FAQ together!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.