Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Jun 9, 2013, 06:46 PM   #1
Rocco83
macrumors regular

Inability to use F keys in games on Mac Mini?

I have a Mac Mini and a Razer Anansi keyboard. It does not even give me the option to use F keys as standard F keys in the keyboard options under System Preferences. When i turn bluetooth on and power up my wireless Mac keyboard the option pops up right away, but only works for my wireless keyboard.

While the F keys I have bound such as the Play/Pause button works whether or not I am in a game such as Guild Wars 2, none of the other F keys work. If I use the FN key I can use my F keys in game, but that is the only way. Not to mention that I can't use any of the extra M keys, or T keys on the Anansi. It is the Mac version, but they do nothing more than look pretty and that I find unacceptable as well.

Anyone have any ideas why I can't use my F keys as standard keys with a wired gaming keyboard on my Mac Mini? It worked flawlessly with my iMac. I downloaded and am using the same drivers with the same operating system.
Rocco83 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 9, 2013, 09:39 PM   #2
jeffspc88mx
macrumors newbie

Nevermind - it wasn't what I thought

Last edited by jeffspc88mx; Jun 9, 2013 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Stupid, stupid, stupid
jeffspc88mx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games