Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

chocolateschips

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2012
Should i buy iPhone 5 now or wait for the next iPhone? I really really am bored with my current iPhone 4. And the home button sucks :(

spbmac

macrumors newbie
Apr 28, 2013
Got mine on Saturday, just amazing! After looking at the display for 30 minutes then going back to look at my old 3GS it was like oh my god my eyes I can't read the display it's so blurry! The 4" display in my opinion is perfect!

smyross

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2013
Unlocked Refurbished iPhone 5 in US?

Normally, Unlocked iPhone is not allowed to sell. If you want to by Brand new iPhone Contact your favorite carrier store. AT&T is the Best in the USA. Thanks

Last edited:

businezguy

macrumors 6502
Jun 23, 2003
Reading back to posts when the iPhone 5 was new, it goes to show how many people ordered it, and how long it was taking to ship due to manufacturing issues (not to mention extremely high demand). I hope the release of the iPhone 5S will run more smoothly this year. If the screen remains the same, I'd expect it would.

12vElectronics

macrumors 68040
Jul 19, 2013
California
Reading back to posts when the iPhone 5 was new, it goes to show how many people ordered it, and how long it was taking to ship due to manufacturing issues (not to mention extremely high demand). I hope the release of the iPhone 5S will run more smoothly this year. If the screen remains the same, I'd expect it would.

I wouldn't bet on it. I'm sure it will be just as hectic as before..

paulsdenton

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2010
Barton, Vermont USA

I sure do too. I ordered mine (iPhone 5) through AT&T last time and their update web site was worse than useless. If there was an Apple Store closer than 250 miles I'd try that route this time. I hope AT&T rereads some of the posts on the AT&T order status forum and learns something from our many bad experiences. As I recall it was something like 60 days before I got my phone and I ordered it within days of the announcement.

Vetvito

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
I just purchased a 5 today. :(

I badly needed a phone because net10 locked my account. I went to sprint and got a 5 and the speeds were awesome.

Then I came home and I'm on 3G and the Internet is unbearably slow.

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
I just purchased a 5 today. :(

I badly needed a phone because net10 locked my account. I went to sprint and got a 5 and the speeds were awesome.

Then I came home and I'm on 3G and the Internet is unbearably slow.

Should have waited until Tuesday when Apple announces the new iPhone.

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Can't wait for the iPhone 5S preorders and shipping thread to open up. It's so much fun waiting and discussing every single detail of our shipping system haha.

DowdyFick

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2013
Can't wait for the iPhone 5S preorders and shipping thread to open up. It's so much fun waiting and discussing every single detail of our shipping system haha.

Stressing because we can't find the FexEx plane it traveled on from China to Anchorage :D

Zmanbaseball2

macrumors 68040
Aug 24, 2012
New York, USA
Question: When the iPhone 5S pre orders get sold out, when will we expect the next shipment or a steady supply of iPhones come in. I'm expecting to get an iPhone 5S on mid oct.

munakib

macrumors 6502a
May 22, 2011
i just picked up a white iPhone 5 from the local Apple Store right now in Toronto, for 100$ off (prev. 699 off contract, today its 599 as long as supplies last - thats the same price for the 5C starting 20th Sep.).

I'm an existing 4S user who didnt want the cheap "looking" 5C (though internals are slightly better than the 5 - battery & better LTE support), also not a hipster who can pull of those colors. 5S was out of my budget, $840'sh after tax!!

+ JB coming to 6.1.4, confirmed and not to mention how underwhelmed I was of iOS7 being a designer.

Bottom line, loving the metal/glass feel and look (in white)....

compwiz1202

macrumors 604
May 20, 2010
I sure do too. I ordered mine (iPhone 5) through AT&T last time and their update web site was worse than useless. If there was an Apple Store closer than 250 miles I'd try that route this time. I hope AT&T rereads some of the posts on the AT&T order status forum and learns something from our many bad experiences. As I recall it was something like 60 days before I got my phone and I ordered it within days of the announcement.

AT&T's updating is worse than useless even when BAU. I don't think I ever got a shipped email on any orders. I just checked the status online until it showed a Tracking# then checked on that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.