Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

metzy25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 7, 2011
Has any one been successful finding a iPhone 5 at target or wal mart and what are the chances I could find one at those stores? I'm looking to purchase one ASAP for my girlfriend.

LapsangSouchong

macrumors 65816
Jul 15, 2010
the burrows
Has any one been successful finding a iPhone 5 at target or wal mart and what are the chances I could find one at those stores? I'm looking to purchase one ASAP for my girlfriend.

I called walmart (and target and radioshack) a few weeks ago. The walmart about .5 miles from me had a 16gb verizon...

metzy25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 7, 2011
They have the check too see if in store option on Walmart.com but I'm not sure if it means they really have them in stock or if they just sell them at the store when they have them in, because if seems like every zip code I put in a wal mart shows up, and I find that odd.

YodasMaster

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2012
Try using AT&T's website to check in store stock availability. I've checked for a few nights lately and there always seems to be an AT&T store within 30 miles that shows one available. I also believe you can check in store stock on Bestbuy's website as well.

metzy25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 7, 2011
Try using AT&T's website to check in store stock availability. I've checked for a few nights lately and there always seems to be an AT&T store within 30 miles that shows one available. I also believe you can check in store stock on Bestbuy's website as well.

I don't know if I'm getting lucky or not but there's like 5 AT&T stores around me that has them in stock.

YodasMaster

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2012
I don't know if I'm getting lucky or not but there's like 5 AT&T stores around me that has them in stock.

Try giving them a call as soon as they open. If they do indeed have them in stock, ask them to put one on hold for you :).

metzy25

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 7, 2011
20 to 1

Not to sound to jerky but did you really need someone to tell you to do this? This isn't the first thing that entered your mind when you decided you wanted an i5 from wally world?
I wanted to go through wal mart or target because I have a credit card through them, so it would have been easier, I was mostly wondering if anyone had success through them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.