Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AbacabMR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
Went to the Apple store downtown today. Lots of people as usual. One great thing they had: express shopping lane... you go in and say what you want and they have a whole bunch of articles near by. You pay and you leave... fast service even though the store is packed. Most people are browsing and playing with the devices.

Looking forward to open it up. I should be able to get around it sometime tomorrow. Right now it's sitting on the desk. With my 2nd gen iPod I was limited with 8G and apps started to get less and less compatible with 4.2.1.

I'm basically a google calendar and contacts fan. I also use two or three apps that are very useful for me and watch youtube music or movie clips.

If I could only find a 'hardshell' belt case for it that closes with a zipper and can also serve as a wallet... I'd be all set.

AbacabMR

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 18, 2012
Thanks guys !

I don't know if it's a Christmas thing or not but I'm keeping the anticipation up... haven't opened it up yet. Got some things to do first (... we got some snow finally for Xmas and the driveway needs a good 'clearing'.).

The features will indeed be quite interesting. Just being able to take pictures whenever you feel like it... discovering new apps... playing with iOS 6 and learning the tips and tricks will be also be an interesting process. I'll be able to have a lot more albums to listen to in the background and get to keep all my podcasts .... all this without running out of memory.

I almost went with an android device but the size of the iPod was too convenient ... I didn't want to carry a phone either (got an old Motorola flip which is doing fine for my needs).

My colleagues were in favour of Android's 'openness' and flexibility. I don't mind the restricted aspects of iOS and I could say I rather like it. And it seems you can always find an app or two to do what you want anyway.

Until another company makes a similar device... I don't think there is an alternative out there for those of us who do not want to get a phone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.