Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jan 20, 2013, 03:21 PM   #26
Divided
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
From B&H in the US

I just got another email update form B&H and they said they expect the backordered iMacs to arrive in 2-3 weeks. I ordered on Dec 27th. Its going to end up being 6 weeks before I get this sucker.
Divided is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:33 PM   #27
stoster38
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Hollywood
I got my iMac on Monday from B&H after ordering on December 1st. Migrated my data over from my old iMac. I was up & running in about 2 1/2 hours!! Damn it's a nice machine!! Going from a 2009 24 inch imac to this new 27 inch is a big change!!!

Boots up faster and the graphics are a lot, lot better!!! Lol I already had purchased an extra 16 gigs of RAM so I added that before I turned on the computer and migrated my data.

Have my external BR drive, a new 3TB USB 3 external drive, and now I just need to get a USB 3 hub since I need more ports!! Lol Also planning to get a UPS unit but will have to wait until next month after I have a little more cash

I haven't had any issues with the screen as some people have posted here. I have my iMac connected to external speakers so can't comment on quality of internal speakers.

I hope that all of you get your new iMacs soon but once you get it I think you'll love it!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divided View Post
I just got another email update form B&H and they said they expect the backordered iMacs to arrive in 2-3 weeks. I ordered on Dec 27th. Its going to end up being 6 weeks before I get this sucker.
stoster38 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 05:32 PM   #28
Divided
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Los Angeles, CA
I spoke with a rep on the phone this afternoon from B&H. He said that they are tracking a shipment that is scheduled to arrive in the next 1-2 weeks. Confusing how its not more accurate than that. Apparently they are sailing it over on a merchant ship.

He said that they are unaware of exactly what is arriving or how many of their orders they'll be able to fill with that shipment. He estimated that it would fulfill most of their December orders.

Seems rather broad, but thought I'd share it.
Divided is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2013, 09:46 PM   #29
i-Rich
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
ordered 20th Dec - just been told at least another 4 weeks from now. The reseller said that their Apple rep stated that apple are in a world of strife regarding the imac!
i-Rich is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:13 PM   #30
tingyunliu
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Will be shipped from B&H

Update: B&H told me that they received my order (placed on 12/13), and will ship it to me tomorrow. Finally...
tingyunliu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:30 PM   #31
large farva
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Melbourne, FL
So, if I may ask, how is everyone saving by going with a reseller versus just buying from Apple? Are you just saving tax? Or are the machines cheaper? When I ordered my setup, which was $2349 before tax, the tax brought it to $2489, which is $140. I placed my order on January 10th, and I have a February 7th - 14th delivery window, BUT, everyone else that ordered in January is getting theirs a little early, and every Apple rep I've talked with has told me that the 27" iMacs are shipping about a week early for the most part. Also, I believe a majority of the orders for 27" models are receiving complimentary upgrades to Express Shipping (1-2 day) (to the US that I know of for sure). Because people who selected Standard Shipping are seeing the Express Shipping on their labels and tracking pages. All the Apple reps I talked to told me they are doing this to get them to the people as quick as possible. Which is pretty cool of them. But, basically I paid $140 more (if you didn't have to pay tax through a reseller), to have a guaranteed ship date, have it out a little early and get free express shipping. Which for some people, might be worth it. As for me, I'm impatient as hell. So I think it was definitely worth it.
__________________
Late-2012 27" iMac (3.4 GHz i7 / 1TB 7200rpm HDD / 8GB RAM / GTX 680MX 2GB)
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
iPhone 5 64GB (Black,Verizon)
large farva is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 07:42 AM   #32
stoster38
Thread Starter
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: North Hollywood
I can't speak for everyone but for me I used an out of state reseller to save on sales tax which would have added about about $200 more. At the time I ordered my iMac (Dec 1st) the reseller was also offering Apple care for $61 so I couldn't pass that up even though I had to wait about 6 weeks to get my iMac.

Quote:
Originally Posted by large farva View Post
So, if I may ask, how is everyone saving by going with a reseller versus just buying from Apple? Are you just saving tax? Or are the machines cheaper? When I ordered my setup, which was $2349 before tax, the tax brought it to $2489, which is $140. I placed my order on January 10th, and I have a February 7th - 14th delivery window, BUT, everyone else that ordered in January is getting theirs a little early, and every Apple rep I've talked with has told me that the 27" iMacs are shipping about a week early for the most part. Also, I believe a majority of the orders for 27" models are receiving complimentary upgrades to Express Shipping (1-2 day) (to the US that I know of for sure). Because people who selected Standard Shipping are seeing the Express Shipping on their labels and tracking pages. All the Apple reps I talked to told me they are doing this to get them to the people as quick as possible. Which is pretty cool of them. But, basically I paid $140 more (if you didn't have to pay tax through a reseller), to have a guaranteed ship date, have it out a little early and get free express shipping. Which for some people, might be worth it. As for me, I'm impatient as hell. So I think it was definitely worth it.
__________________
Late 2012 iMac i5, 2.9Ghz, 1TB, 24GB RAM; 16GB iPhone 5; 32 GB 3rd Generation Retina iPad
stoster38 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:37 AM   #33
tingyunliu
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
same here. $200+ tax, ~$90 saving on Apple care, and free Parallels software.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoster38 View Post
I can't speak for everyone but for me I used an out of state reseller to save on sales tax which would have added about about $200 more. At the time I ordered my iMac (Dec 1st) the reseller was also offering Apple care for $61 so I couldn't pass that up even though I had to wait about 6 weeks to get my iMac.
tingyunliu is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2013, 01:40 PM   #34
Hexley
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Ordered my 27" iMac BTO last December 6. I was told to call this weekend if it arrived.

8 weeks wait!
Hexley is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:29 AM   #35
Outrigger
macrumors 65816
 
Outrigger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by tingyunliu View Post
same here. $200+ tax, ~$90 saving on Apple care, and free Parallels software.
$182 in taxes, and free Parallels.
__________________
iMac | Intel i7 3.4GHz | 32GB RAM | 1TB Fusion | GTX 680MX
Mini | Intel i5 2.5GHz | 8GB RAM | 750GBSSD | AMD 6630M
rMBP 13 | Intel i5 2.6Ghz | 8GB RAM | 512GB SSD
Outrigger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:41 PM   #36
Will M
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
OK, here we go....

I have been following both the Reseller Threads and the December Order Thread since the absolute beginning of these threads.

First of all, great work to everybody, very cooperative and informative!

Now I am ready to participate and really fed up just reading all the replies every day, it's time I put in some information myself.

I have ordered the 27' Base Model (trackpad) + Superdrive + Devlivery in January!!! through a reseller in Germany on the 6th of December, I would have ordered earlier, but the reseller was on a holiday till the 6th.
The reason I have ordered at a reseller was because I could order through work and thought that it would be quick and reliable.
I was quite wrong.....!

I have heard nothing else than, Apple does not respond, the order has no delivery date, Apple has not confirmed yet, the order isn't processing yet, etc.

I am waiting 8 weeks now, and reaaaally getting annoyed at the way Apple is taking care of things. It's obviously not the resellers fault. All resellers around the globe are left in the dark completely in my opinion! Just check out the reseller threads, it's really not just the ones I have spoken with.
I visited a local reseller here in Germany today, one of several in the city.
I provided him with a few questions, such as how is Apple handling you at the moment regarding the new iMac?
And guess what....?
Same story, no news from Apple, only the Apple store has a few, bla, bla, bla....

I asked him if he was angry or annoyed, and of course he was, but as you can imagine... He said, what can you do about the way Apple takes care of things regarding the new iMac delivery. They are in charge! This way of doing things is hurting the resellers in my opinion. This has been stated in the reseller threads before, and I think it's true.

I am not gonna repeat the replies in all threads I have read, that resellers are receiving their iMacs a bit slower than Apple itself. That was ok for me, but reading three threads for the past 2 months waiting for it.....
I have seen and heard enough!
I am a big and longtime Apple user, but my whole experience up to receiving my new iMac is making me sick at the moment! Disgusting!

The only thing I can do is be patient, and share my story here, knowing that it is one more reply in all threads going on about the new iMac.

I wish those who wait with me good luck, and those who have received their machine the best times!

Waiting.....
Will M is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 08:25 PM   #37
globalthinker
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Ordered custom 27" on Dec 19

I ordered a custom 27" iMac with a 3TB fusion drive on Dec 19 and there still is no sign for it. MacMall told me at first it would be 3-4 weeks, then delayed to Jan 29, then the end of January. Here it is Jan 31st and they can't tell me anything new.

Yes, I agree this is Apple's issue, but I must say MacMall customer service has really degraded over the years. They treat me like a number and everyone seems to talk from a script. They gave me so many hassles over billing at the beginning I about walked away and bought through Smalldog. I think I'll do that in the future.
globalthinker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2013, 10:07 PM   #38
brand
macrumors 68040
 
brand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: 127.0.0.1
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAC HACK View Post
I ordered and paid in full for my 27" on the 30th November at David Jones in Australia - Expected delivery has now blown out to 23rd Jan.

I will NEVER shop at David Jones again for any item, and my opinion of Apple has sunk to a new low.
Then cancel your order if its that big of a deal.

I thought so.
brand is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
List of 3rd Party Resellers nMP RoastingPig Mac Pro 2 Mar 4, 2014 08:40 PM
UK iMac Purchase - BTO Available from non-Apple Resellers? Kelmon Buying Tips and Advice 0 Dec 28, 2013 05:02 AM
Apple Thunderbolt Display Supplies Begin Running Short at Third-Party Resellers MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 407 Nov 7, 2013 10:56 PM
Apple Thunderbolt Display Supplies Again Running Low at Third-Party Resellers MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 150 Jul 1, 2013 12:24 PM
iMac 21.5 inch display vs 3rd party monitors Mozino iMac 0 Dec 5, 2012 10:28 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:29 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC