Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 30, 2012
California
Ok so not really a trailer as a teaser I had to make for the Sacramento film festival in order to register. Its not supposed to reveal anything about the story, just give a brief idea about what kind of quality the film with have and show off the main protagonists

before I enter it does anyone have any last minute suggestions (ps i'm entering into the under 18 section aka most are shooting with dslr's/iphones)

Filmed with a Xl1 and edited on a G5 quad in Final cut Express 4

daybreak

macrumors 6502a
Sep 4, 2009
Firstly it needs fast cutting. The start is too dark. Put some titles on the boys. Basically you are holding your shoots to long for a teaser trailer.

The Man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2004
I'd say do reveal something more. I want to know something about the story, or something deeper about one of the characters, or at least know the theme. Personally I find character moments more revealing than action sequences.

wonderspark

macrumors 68040
Feb 4, 2010
Oregon
I think you need to set up some drama. I felt no tension. Make it exciting, and draw people in for more!

Here's a trailer I cut for a film that was shot by some of my friends:
College Pranks

Here's another trailer I cut for different film shot by another group of friends:
The School in the Woods

Hopefully the examples help explain. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.