Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Oct 6, 2012, 10:54 PM   #1
iHeartsteve
macrumors 6502a

App updates suck...

I downloaded new update for facebook and I hate it. How do I revert back to previous version? Would I have to reset my phone and restore from my old iPhone 4 and then it will update old app???
MacBook Pro | 15 Retina Display
iHeartsteve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2012, 11:02 PM   #2
Brettka7
macrumors regular

The new one is a little more difficult to use, but WAY, WAY more reliable IMO.
Brettka7 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2012, 11:13 PM   #3
Applejuiced
macrumors Nehalem

If you have the old version of facebook.app on your itunes library then you can delete the one on your phone and resync the old one.
You dont need a restore.
If you deleted the old facebook version from your itunes then you're SOL and cannot revert to the old one.
Applejuiced is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:04 AM   #4
iHeartsteve
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applejuiced View Post
If you have the old version of facebook.app on your itunes library then you can delete the one on your phone and resync the old one.
You dont need a restore.
If you deleted the old facebook version from your itunes then you're SOL and cannot revert to the old one.
Ahhh thanks!! Good idea!
iHeartsteve is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2012, 01:07 AM   #5
iHeartsteve
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
You dont need a restore.
Worked! Thanks so much!! Will not do any other updates for other apps. I always hate the new versions.
iHeartsteve is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2012, 01:13 AM   #6
lelisa13p
macrumors 65816

Before updating I always read the description of what's new (to see what I gain or lose by updating) and read the reviews ("most recent" will reflect the newest updates). I currently have at least 20 apps that I haven't updated in the last year because the updates have lost functions that I want/need. You can't blindly update anymore because there can be some unpleasant surprises, as you discovered.
lelisa13p is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2012, 08:55 PM   #7
iHeartsteve
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
You dont need a restore.
I just got the mini and want to download only certain apps that are old version. How do I sync the old apps I like off of my iphone or iPad?
Old Nov 18, 2012, 07:40 AM   #8
gemnilocs
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lelisa13p View Post
Before updating I always read the description of what's new (to see what I gain or lose by updating) and read the reviews ("most recent" will reflect the newest updates). I currently have at least 20 apps that I haven't updated in the last year because the updates have lost functions that I want/need. You can't blindly update anymore because there can be some unpleasant surprises, as you discovered.

exactly what I do and thank goodness for the improved app store because it's easier to use to read reviews, and updates. I always read the reviews before I update. I do like that the new fb allows sharing...about darn time for that.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 09:16 AM   #9
Jordan921
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHeartsteve View Post
Worked! Thanks so much!! Will not do any other updates for other apps. I always hate the new versions.
Maybe next time read the description and reviews first that way you can tell if anyone else is having problems.
Jordan921 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:27 PM   #10
iHeartsteve
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan921 View Post
Maybe next time read the description and reviews first that way you can tell if anyone else is having problems.
Obviously I read the description. Hahahahah. There are minor changes that I hate that they definitely do NOT list. For example, after you click on a photo, it flips around and basically turns into another pop up window. Etc. it's usually the format or set up I hate.
Old Nov 18, 2012, 05:35 PM   #11
Defender2010
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by iHeartsteve View Post
Obviously I read the description. Hahahahah. There are minor changes that I hate that they definitely do NOT list. For example, after you click on a photo, it flips around and basically turns into another pop up window. Etc. it's usually the format or set up I hate.
So use safari. I don't see how a simple photo "flip" is such a bad thing. Get some perspective!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone