Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Angel634

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2012
TX
So I am looking to get a used/like new iMac..but I am not sure what to get as a model, my budge limited is $600-750..and I am waiting to use it for Adobe CS5/6 for the spaces and possibility movie creating also..please help me ?:) thanks

cirus

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2011
So I am looking to get a used/like new iMac..but I am not sure what to get as a model, my budge limited is $600-750..and I am waiting to use it for Adobe CS5/6 for the spaces and possibility movie creating also..please help me ?:) thanks

If you are going to be using adobe CS5/6 a lot and time is important to you (for more than casual use) I would recommend a pc. A $750 PC will run circles around any imac for $750.
Most $750 imacs are going to be core 2 duo, which will get killed in heavy applications by a i5 ivy with more RAM (more than twice the speed).

If you are set on a mac they try to get one with a core i3 instead of a core 2 duo (Here are some benchmarks [http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/143?vs=55] Notice that the i3 is quite a bit faster in the encoding (3ds max)). RAM is always needed (for CS5/6 at least 4 GB).

Other than that its pretty much be careful who you buy it from, etc.

Angel634

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 23, 2012
TX
If you are going to be using adobe CS5/6 a lot and time is important to you (for more than casual use) I would recommend a pc. A $750 PC will run circles around any imac for $750.
Most $750 imacs are going to be core 2 duo, which will get killed in heavy applications by a i5 ivy with more RAM (more than twice the speed).

If you are set on a mac they try to get one with a core i3 instead of a core 2 duo (Here are some benchmarks [http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/143?vs=55] Notice that the i3 is quite a bit faster in the encoding (3ds max)). RAM is always needed (for CS5/6 at least 4 GB).

Other than that its pretty much be careful who you buy it from, etc.

My classes are base on a iMac 24' and im using a core i3 laptop hp

bestbuy has a clearance 27inch thunderbolt that i am really thinking about but im really leaning toward the core i5 and buy it new:/:apple:?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.