Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wrinkster22

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jun 11, 2011
Toronto
1. I never had to remap keys so I can't help you.
2. On my iMac G5, I can with QuickTime.
3. I tried about every single browser for a PPC machine runing Leopard, Safari 5 is still the best for me (the "ClickToFlash" extension is great) and I have no problem at all with Facebook.
4. Mactubes ran great right of the "box", so I think you must use at least Tiger to get it runing fine.

2. When I try to use quicktime it says something is missing and just the audio plays.
3. Thanks I will try that
4. Hmm I think I may be forced to upgrade.
5. I will give it a try
Thanks for your help

MisterKeeks

macrumors 68000
Nov 15, 2012
3. I tried about every single browser for a PPC machine runing Leopard, Safari 5 is still the best for me (the "ClickToFlash" extension is great) and I have no problem at all with Facebook.

Why not Leopard Webkit- identical interface, optimized, better HTML5 support. On the surface it is the same as Safari, but under the hood it's much better.

bwt89

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2012
Lille, France
Why not Leopard Webkit- identical interface, optimized, better HTML5 support. On the surface it is the same as Safari, but under the hood it's much better.

I was just a little too optimistic when I said that I tried every single browser for PPC Leopard...:eek:

skateny

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2012
New York, NY
Thank you everyone for your advice. I could care less about boot speed. I am going to try to get a copy of tiger then. I still have a few questions:

1: How do you remap keys?
2: How can I play 480p media off a hard drive?
3: What is the best browser (Safari works OK, I would like to be able to use facebook though.)
4: How do I get mactubes to work?

Thanks in advance.

I don't know what the problem is exactly with MacTubes. To me it's very intuitive. You can either watch videos within the application (selecting QuickTime as the player is recommended) or download them by right clicking on the video, and then watch them with either VLC or MPlayer Extended for OS X.

Try Camino and SeaMonkey, and you'll learn how much of a drag Safari is.

Install Leopard. Some (many?) PowerPC apps are either incompatible with Tiger or are maximized for Leopard. Having used both, I can tell you that Leopard is smoother and snappier than Tiger.

Lil Chillbil

macrumors 65816
Jan 30, 2012
California
Holy shoot!!

I didn't know that the fbi has a special unit to catch people who install leopard on an old piece of junk:p

I wouldn't worry to much about the law catching up to you even if its illegal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.