Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old Jun 14, 2014, 01:55 PM   #26
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBlazed View Post
And that's supposed to make him a better person? He's still burning in hell for all the evil he's done and that his legacy continues to do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technarchy View Post
Ed Koch on the other hand built up a city from this...
You guys are arguing about the wrong Koch. The guys you want to villify are Charles and David Koch, not Ed Koch. They aren't even related.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dime21 View Post
Why, because it fails to support the "guns kill people" liberal agenda?
I love when conservatives try to label fixing problems in our society as the "liberal agenda". Cause trying to prevent needless deaths, give people equal rights, stop the government from intruding on women's private healthcare decisions, and helping to clean up our environment are just the "liberal agenda" and not just the right thing to do.

What's the "conservative agenda?" Make every white, english speaking, republican christian rich, pollute the planet because who gives a **** about our children or grandchildren, and let the rest of society live on the streets until they die off?

The "conservative agenda" would be perfectly happy with turning this country into North America's version of Somalia assuming they could keep living in their ritzy mansions in gated communities.

Quote:
Obstructing people's 2nd amendment rights under the false pretense of preventing violence is no different from attempting to battle the obesity epidemic by banning spoons.
Gun control restrictions doesn't obstruct your 2nd amendment rights. Notice how you aren't allowed to own many classes of weapons, like nukes, RPGs, etc.
zioxide is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 02:05 PM   #27
Technarchy
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by zioxide View Post
You guys are arguing about the wrong Koch. The guys you want to villify are Charles and David Koch, not Ed Koch. They aren't even related.
I know who I am talking about
Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
Technarchy is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 02:37 PM   #28
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
I know who I am talking about
Yep, in my haste I phrased that wrong.. I should have said "You guys aren't talking about the same Koch" as I believe iBlazed was talking about the brothers Charles & David. I could be wrong though.
zioxide is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 02:56 PM   #29
iBlazed
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Yep, in my haste I phrased that wrong.. I should have said "You guys aren't talking about the same Koch" as I believe iBlazed was talking about the brothers Charles & David. I could be wrong though.
And in my haste I mistakingly thought this Koch was related to THOSE Koch's. Google fail, since I knew I previously hadn't heard of this Koch and I know very well who Charles and David are and all about their crimes, I should have checked who he was. Typing faster than I can think today.
iBlazed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 03:09 PM   #30
Technarchy
macrumors 68040

Quote:
And in my haste I mistakingly thought this Koch was related to THOSE Koch's. Google fail, since I knew I previously hadn't heard of this Koch and I know very well who Charles and David are and all about their crimes, I should have checked who he was. Typing faster than I can think today.
It's a party trick. I play it often when people go off on all things Koch since most people have no idea who they are talking about.

I'll throw in, "AND ED KOCH TOO", and people will rant about the rich, blah blah and really have no idea what they are saying.

Koch, the Mayor of NYC attacked with homophobic slurs by other DNC members, Jewish, Democrat, liberal and generally thought of fondly by the people of NYC that were alive during this term.

I liked Koch. Man had a real NYC style to him.
Steve Jobs, January 9th 2007, 10:44am: "We filed for over 200 patents for all the inventions in iPhone and we intend to protect them."
Technarchy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 03:18 PM   #31
iBlazed
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Koch, the Mayor of NYC attacked with homophobic slurs by other DNC members, Jewish, Democrat, liberal and generally thought of fondly by the people of NYC that were alive during this term.
Yeah actually when I googled him now one of the results that came up was a very anti-semitic website. The words "Jew York" were mentioned in the article.

Had no idea who he was, wasn't alive during that time.
iBlazed is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 04:57 PM   #32
dime21
macrumors 6502

Quote:
I love when conservatives try to label fixing problems in our society as the "liberal agenda".
Because the liberal agenda doesn't fix problems, it either does nothing whatsoever to address them, or it makes them worse. Ergo, it's an agenda.

Like I said, if liberals tackled the obesity epidemic, they'd begin by banning spoons. Liberal "solutions" are always feel good knee jerk reactions that ignore reality.

Did ObamaCare "fix" healthcare? It kicked more people out of plans than it enrolled, a net loss of insured people. They claimed it would cut costs, until finally admitting that it increased them. Obama shutdown the government over the individual mandate, arguing it all the way to the Supreme Court as a "cornerstone" of healthcare reform, and then a few months later he delayed it 2 more years to help dems avoid flak in the mid term elections. And how many $Billions does it take to stand up a simple web site anyways? $2+ Billion taxpayer dollars if you ask Obama. And where did all the $Billions of ObamaCare dollars go? Liberal activist groups and businesses owned by big election time donors. It's total miserable failure at every turn. And people wonder why liberals "solving problems" gets labeled as an agenda. Lol.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 05:24 PM   #33
citizenzen
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Because the liberal agenda doesn't fix problems, it either does nothing whatsoever to address them, or it makes them worse. Ergo, it's an agenda.
Partisanship taken to such extreme levels is easy to dismiss.
citizenzen is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 05:29 PM   #34
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:

Like I said, if liberals tackled the obesity epidemic, they'd begin by banning spoons. Liberal "solutions" are always feel good knee jerk reactions that ignore reality.

Did ObamaCare "fix" healthcare? It kicked more people out of plans than it enrolled, a net loss of insured people. They claimed it would cut costs, until finally admitting that it increased them. Obama shutdown the government over the individual mandate, arguing it all the way to the Supreme Court as a "cornerstone" of healthcare reform, and then a few months later he delayed it 2 more years to help dems avoid flak in the mid term elections. And how many $Billions does it take to stand up a simple web site anyways? $2+ Billion taxpayer dollars if you ask Obama. And where did all the $Billions of ObamaCare dollars go? Liberal activist groups and businesses owned by big election time donors. It's total miserable failure at every turn. And people wonder why liberals "solving problems" gets labeled as an agenda. Lol.
LOL.

I haven't seen that many false right-wing talking points in one post since the last time someone posted a YouTube clip on here from The Five. And then you try to claim "liberals" have the "agenda". Anytime one goes out and just points the fingers at "liberals" for everything, it's pretty clear they're lacking in real concrete ideas. You going to blame liberals next time a bird ***** on your car too?

Oh, and last I checked, the House of Representatives led by Speaker John Boner were the ones that refused to pass a budget that led to the government being shutdown. Not Obama. He signed the budget as soon as it crossed his desk. Don't let that little fact get in the way of your "agenda" though.

Remember when that individual mandate was the Heritage foundation Republican model for healthcare? All the conservatives loved it until the black guy was the one that actually made it happen.
zioxide is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 05:38 PM   #35
samiwas
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Lots of grunting and noise, but no substance.
Heh...sounds like pretty much every single dime21 post ever splattered on this board. I'm pretty sure I've never seen you make a post with substance. Just "Grrr...guns...rights...me macho!"

Quote:
Hmmm..and what good has the "conservative agenda" actually done? Get more people armed and more old white men rich? Anything else? Anything even partially useful?
Old Jun 14, 2014, 05:49 PM   #36
dime21
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Why are your posts always so homoerotic? Can you stop promoting the gay agenda? Keep your lifestyle choices to yourself....
Ya know, I've been puzzled by this for a while now. This is some kind of scripted response that the gays lob at people they don't like, yes?

1. If you're a gay, and you find some other person to be repulsive and offensive, isn't accusing them of also being gay like welcoming them as one of your own? Associating that person with yourself doesn't seem like an effective retort.

2. I thought the gays made a push to eliminate the use of 'gay' as an insult? Why then do gays use it as an insult, directing it at their opponents? Isn't that self-defeating?

3. If gays are attracted to other gays, does implying that I'm homoerotic mean that you're attracted to me? Wow, I'm flattered.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas View Post
Hmmm..and what good has the "conservative agenda" actually done? Get more people armed and more old white men rich? Anything else? Anything even partially useful?
I dunno, lets first look at Obama's "accomplishments" over the past 5 years and see how well your liberal agenda has worked:

- record federal debt
- record federal deficit
- record numbers of people on welfare
- record numbers of people on food stamps
- record numbers of people on unemployment
- record violence, single mothers, and poverty in black communities
- the lowest workforce participation rate in 35 years

Oh right, Obama also did 5 years worth of Quantitative Easing, i.e. pumping $Billions into the stock market every month since he was elected. Who makes money in the stock market? Rich people.

Lets not forget the record gun sales, AR-15 sales so high the manufacturers had to hire extra shifts at the factories, and prices have more than doubled. Ammo prices have tripled, if you can even find it in stock anywhere. Obama is literally the best gun salesman in the history of this nation. His anti-2nd amendment rhetoric has prompted a gun buying frenzy the likes of which this country has never seen before.

So in Summary, Obama's liberal agenda makes black people and minorities poor, and helps the rich get way way richer. And he's the top gun salesman ever. But don't get a few facts get in the way of your conservative bashing.

Low information voters make me LOL!

Last edited by dime21; Jun 14, 2014 at 05:54 PM.
dime21 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 06:32 PM   #37
iBlazed
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Ya know, I've been puzzled by this for a while now. This is some kind of scripted response that the gays lob at people they don't like, yes?

1. If you're a gay, and you find some other person to be repulsive and offensive, isn't accusing them of also being gay like welcoming them as one of your own? Associating that person with yourself doesn't seem like an effective retort.

2. I thought the gays made a push to eliminate the use of 'gay' as an insult? Why then do gays use it as an insult, directing it at their opponents? Isn't that self-defeating?

3. If gays are attracted to other gays, does implying that I'm homoerotic mean that you're attracted to me? Wow, I'm flattered.
1. No.
2. No.
3. No.
Looks like wit and sarcasm go right over your head. Figured.

Quote:
Then the mirror must make you laugh your ass off!

----------

Quote:
- record federal debt
- record federal deficit
Let's get some sources up in here.
iBlazed is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 06:47 PM   #38
iBlazed
macrumors 6502

Quote:

Source that it kicked off more people than it enrolled? Source that it increased costs? You can't just lie your ass off and not source anything. This ain't fox news.
iBlazed is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 10:59 PM   #39
zioxide
macrumors 603

Quote:
I dunno, lets first look at Obama's "accomplishments" over the past 5 years and see how well your liberal agenda has worked:

- record federal debt
- record federal deficit
Stopped reading here. You can't make up blatant lies and expect people to believe it. The deficit has been cut in half since Obama took office. Check the numbers straight from the CBO. It was nearly -$1.5 trillion a year when Obama took office in 2009. It was approximately -$680 million last year. The CBO just released a report projecting it to be less than -$500 million this year.

Quote:
The U.S. government’s deficit will fall to $492 billion this year, according to the Congressional Budget Office, a steeper drop than originally predicted from $680 billion in fiscal year 2013.
“This will be the fifth consecutive year in which the deficit has declined as a share of GDP since peaking at 9.8 percent in 2009,” CBO said in a report released today. The 2.8 figure as a percentage of gross domestic product is lower than the 3.1 percent average of the last 40 years, CBO said.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-0...llion-cbo.html

Quote:

Oh right, Obama also did 5 years worth of Quantitative Easing, i.e. pumping $Billions into the stock market every month since he was elected. Who makes money in the stock market? Rich people.

Lets not forget the record gun sales, AR-15 sales so high the manufacturers had to hire extra shifts at the factories, and prices have more than doubled. Ammo prices have tripled, if you can even find it in stock anywhere. Obama is literally the best gun salesman in the history of this nation. His anti-2nd amendment rhetoric has prompted a gun buying frenzy the likes of which this country has never seen before.

So in Summary, Obama's liberal agenda makes black people and minorities poor, and helps the rich get way way richer. And he's the top gun salesman ever. But don't get a few facts get in the way of your conservative bashing.
The rest of this sounds like a Republican wet dream. Obama's barely even implemented any "liberal" programs.. all you've suggested is that he's gone more towards the middle since he became President. We already know that.

Quote:
Yes they do. By the way, where were the sources to back up all your "facts" in your post?
zioxide is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:14 PM   #40
steve knight
macrumors 65816

it is a struggle for oboma to reduce the debt when the GOP is adding too it. in the last two months they added 614 billion to the debt to keep the tax credits and other crap corporations and rich people get.
Old Jun 14, 2014, 11:50 PM   #41
jkcerda
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve knight View Post
it is a struggle for oboma to reduce the debt when the GOP is adding too it. in the last two months they added 614 billion to the debt to keep the tax credits and other crap corporations and rich people get.
the GOP gets to do that all on their own?
jkcerda is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 15, 2014, 12:01 AM   #42
steve knight
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkcerda View Post
the GOP gets to do that all on their own?
yep. they are pretty good at such things.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues