Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Apr 27, 2012, 09:42 AM   #26
humboldtnews
macrumors newbie

Thanks! Opening a pdf in Preview and making a copy worked for me to be able to use a password protected pdf!
humboldtnews is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2012, 12:35 AM   #27
BenMore
macrumors newbie

Thanks

I had a similar problem - I also used Preview - just make a duplicate and save it.

Rob Dingwall Website Solutions
BenMore is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 8, 2013, 08:02 AM   #28
andrews04
Banned

I couldn’t get rid of PDF password restrictions in spite of trying all the above-mentioned (freemypdf, pdfunlock, etc.) solutions. In the end, pdfsolutions PDF password remover did the job for me. It is an effective & easy-to-use program to remove pdf password.

Last edited by andrews04; Apr 13, 2013 at 05:58 AM.
andrews04 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 12:20 AM   #29
jule74
macrumors newbie

Unlock secure PDF documents

The ColorSync worked. I had to print instead of export, but is still worked. Here is what I did.

Open ColorSync. Go to File. Click Open and open the file you need to unlock. Then click print. Then click the pdf button at bottom of print screen and Save as PDF. Then enter information and where you want to save. Click save.

Thank you so much. I'm downloading texts for my Securities licenses and want to add stickies and highlights for future reference.

Have a successful day!
jule74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:44 PM   #30
eyoungren
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to eyoungren Send a message via MSN to eyoungren Send a message via Yahoo to eyoungren Send a message via Skype™ to eyoungren
I use Ovis PDF Recover.

This version is older but it does not make a watermark if you use it unregistered.

Both versions require purchase if you want to unlock more than one page.

I'm in the newspaper business so most of what I am unlocking are the ad proofs that customers got from another paper and are passing on to us to use in our papers.

The West Valley View is a particular offender.

MODS: PLEASE NOTE THAT THE SECOND VERSION I LINK TO IS NOT CRACKED OR ILLEGAL OR ANYTHING ELSE. IT WAS THE VERSION OVIS PROVIDED IN 2006 AS SHAREWARE AND THEY DID NOT USE A WATERMARK FEATURE, BUT LIMITED IT'S USE TO JUST THE FIRST PAGE.
Old Sep 2, 2013, 02:38 AM   #31
The Hamburger
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by angryshortguy View Post
pdfunlock.com wanted $3.99 per file to unlock.
anything out there for free?
PDFunlock.com worked for me and didn't cost a thing. Did you upload your file which is free and then returned unlocked or did you try to download the program, which they charge for?
The Hamburger is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 9, 2013, 02:47 PM   #32
navrosh
macrumors newbie

We can un protect is using preview!!

Yeah.. It worked the way you have mentioned dude. Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinitygraphix View Post
I don't have a protected PDF in hand, but here is what I found last time I had one...

Open it in Preview... and try a save as .

When a PDF is protected, you can't copy text form it.. However, from Preview, you CAN... so maybe save as from Preview would work.
navrosh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2013, 03:27 PM   #33
leo.mchugh
macrumors newbie

How to remove a password from a PDF if you have the password

Open it in Preview. Make a copy. Save the copy - making sure that encryption/passwords etc are turned off.

I wasted a lot of time downloading programs and trying to print to PDF etc, but this simple method worked for me.

Hope it works for you too!
leo.mchugh is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 18, 2014, 11:21 PM   #34
butcherbird
macrumors newbie

Thank you for the ColorSync tip -- worked using the Print method! Glad to know I can try the Preview method if ColorSync ever fails me.

I appreciate the free unlocker!
butcherbird is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 24, 2014, 08:52 AM   #35
shreya45
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by butcherbird View Post
Thank you for the ColorSync tip -- worked using the Print method! Glad to know I can try the Preview method if ColorSync ever fails me.

I appreciate the free unlocker!
If you're not concerned about formatting, you can simply upload locked PDF on Google Drive and from there you can download it as a Word File. I also tried free pdf unlocker but it didn't work for me. The program mentioned here http://support.oreilly.com/oreilly/t...f_restrictions works perfectly but it comes with some trial limitations

Last edited by shreya45; Jul 24, 2014 at 08:58 AM.
shreya45 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics