Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac2thefuture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Lancashire, North West, UK
Hello there.

On my external H drive i have two sparse disc image bundles - what exactly are they and what purpose do they serve & can i delete them?

Thanks in advance for any assistance provided.

Last edited:

AppleNewton

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2007
1 Finite Place
Is the 1TB drive the one with both spare image bundles?
those are going to be the time machine back-ups (as far as i can tell)
you can drag and drop them onto your new drive, however theyll keep the limitations of the old drive.
An alternative around this would be to start a new time machine back-up on a new drive and drop these folders in the spare image bundle over.

you can simply start a new time machine back-up on the 1TB external drive if youd like and erase anything thats presently on there.

mac2thefuture

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 15, 2007
Lancashire, North West, UK
Is the 1TB drive the one with both spare image bundles?
those are going to be the time machine back-ups (as far as i can tell)
you can drag and drop them onto your new drive, however theyll keep the limitations of the old drive.
An alternative around this would be to start a new time machine back-up on a new drive and drop these folders in the spare image bundle over.

you can simply start a new time machine back-up on the 1TB external drive if youd like and erase anything thats presently on there.

I'd like to place a copy of everything from the ext to the imac h drive and the wipe the external and start over again, using it to clone - is that feasible?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.