Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
I have an iPod 4th gen that I bought with no case, so I got one. Was 5 bucks. I put it on and immediately, the screen went white and WOULD NOT respond to anything except a restart, once the case was off. Put case back on thinking it was a buggy iPod, but the same thing happened. About 5 min of being in sleep mode, the screen blanked into the white screen and wouldn't respond. Had to remove case to restart it. What the heck is going on? Is this case a piece of crap? It only happens with the case on, otherwise, it works perfectly. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Another question...my other iPod 4th gen works perfectly as well, besides the home button. It works most of the time if you push it really hard...then all the sudden you press it regularly and it works...any suggestions with that would be appreciated as well.

Thanks in advance!

***EDIT: forgot to add something...the first time it happened the iPod started blaring out in a lady's voice "Facebook" and some random peoples names...really wierd...is it a setting? Only did it once, hasn't happened again...

Last edited:

Rosina Christen

macrumors member
May 10, 2013
Ok definitely ask a person sleep sold you the Case maybe there is a bug in it that's affecting or disabling your ipod

Rosina Christen

macrumors member
May 10, 2013
I'm not sure my guess would be to try to push it really softly but steady so you won't damage it any further, but maybe also ask a expert that's at your store. Hope that helps a little bit:)

IpadSC400

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 7, 2013
A mile high
Yes, thank you for the help. I contacted the seller and he said he will replace the case with another one, or I get my money back. I chose to replace it with another one of his for no extra charge.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.