Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old Sep 13, 2013, 07:42 AM   #101
CAWjr
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by jav6454 View Post
Conventionally, it is never the S cycles that increase storage capacity. That said, I'm more interested in how much memory the device brings. As it stands, I need to upgrade since the battery of my 4S is long gone from its golden days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by viperGTS View Post
3GS introduced 32GB, 4S introduced 64GB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jav6454 View Post
Conventionally...
CAWjr is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2013, 07:59 AM   #102
MagicWok
macrumors 6502a

Yep - another 4S user on the fence. Also had the 3GS previously... The jump from 3GS to 4S was huge - form factor, retina, speed and capacity.

This time around, I personally don't feel that there is enough innovation for the same jump this time around.

My upgrade will be to switch contract to a sim-only deal for 12 months. Wait it out on the 4S, or get a 5 off eBay till the iPhone 6.
MagicWok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2013, 08:03 AM   #103
haydn!
macrumors 6502

I'm on the fence now, after today, but wasn't earlier in the week.

The way networks here in the UK have priced the 5C makes me think the 5S is going to be stupidly more expensive than normal!
haydn! is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2013, 08:23 AM   #104
billycuth
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicWok View Post
Yep - another 4S user on the fence. Also had the 3GS previously... The jump from 3GS to 4S was huge - form factor, retina, speed and capacity.

This time around, I personally don't feel that there is enough innovation for the same jump this time around.

My upgrade will be to switch contract to a sim-only deal for 12 months. Wait it out on the 4S, or get a 5 off eBay till the iPhone 6.
Really? It's gonna be more than twice as fast from a processor standpoint, and the camera should be a decent jump from the iphone 4s...

That alone has me interested. I am struggling with the color choice.
billycuth is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2013, 04:37 PM   #105
phpmaven
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by zedzded View Post
Nope I expect it to rival and surpass a $30 Kmart P&S. I haven't obviously used a 5S yet, so probably shouldn't speculate, but the quality of the camera in the 4S and 5 doesn't even come close to budget P&Ss. With the knowledge, skill, experience and expertise Apple have, they should have been doing better than they have been. They are coasting at the moment, they're being lazy. They shouldn't be competing with a company that makes air conditioners.
You obviously haven't used a 5 yet either.
phpmaven is online now   1 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 2013, 04:44 PM   #106
*~Kim~*
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanveann View Post
My 4S was on its last legs, and I was looking forward to upgrading to the 5S. But the lack of preorder killed it -- the nearest Apple store is an hour away, and I have three little kids. I can't spend all day in line (and possibly not even end up with a phone), and my 4S wasn't going to last weeks longer while I waited to order one online and wait for it to get here. So I caved and upgraded to the 5 yesterday. Like it very much, but really had been hoping to get the 5S.
You could always return it and order the 5S online, or ask a family member/friend to return it for you next week and exchange it for a 5S.
*~Kim~* is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone