Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

The.316

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Im using the newer 2tb TC, connected to a modem. Its been working fine since I picked it up a few months ago. All of a sudden, when I get home from church yesterday morning, I get an average of 1mbs with it, over 20mbs if I connect my iMac directly to the modem. I tried restarting the TC, I tried restoring it, I tried changing names and passwords, but nothing has changed. Im no TC expert (dont know about PPPOE, NAT, bridges, etc), so I didnt go into the settings and changed anything, so everything is set up the way it would be out of the box. Anyone have any ideas or thoughts to what is going on?

The.316

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jul 14, 2010
25100 GR
Im getting seriously slow speeds, less than 1mbs, whether I connect to the TC wirelessly or with an ethernet cable.

satcomer

Suspended
Feb 19, 2008
The Finger Lakes Region
This is strange. Did you check with your ISP router to see if it sees the pattern too. If it doesn't show the same then it's definitely the Time Capsule. If it does show the same thing then it might be the rented ISP modem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.