Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices

Old May 31, 2013, 05:06 AM   #251
MacRumorUser
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
Fingerprints are a lot easier to get rid of than chipped coating on aluminium You're right though, it is a fingerprint magnet.
Lol. yep agreed they are

I just question the validity when someone makes a statement like " I'm OSD, my iPhone 5 bad shape in 2 weeks ", and yet somehow dismissive of things like finger print grease which would drive anyone with true OSD absolute mental.

Just makes you kind if there's a bit of insecurity, bias or another modus operandi involved in such a statement which is clearly a dichotomy upon itself.

If a person just has a preference - fine come out and say - I prefer this over this...
There is no reason to attribute fallacious or at least what seems contrary statements to justify it.
MacRumorUser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 05:24 AM   #252
Throw Out
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumorUser View Post
Lol. yep agreed they are

I just question the validity when someone makes a statement like " I'm OSD, my iPhone 5 bad shape in 2 weeks ", and yet somehow dismissive of things like finger print grease which would drive anyone with true OSD absolute mental.

Just makes you kind if there's a bit of insecurity, bias or another modus operandi involved in such a statement which is clearly a dichotomy upon itself.

If a person just has a preference - fine come out and say - I prefer this over this...
There is no reason to attribute fallacious or at least what seems contrary statements to justify it.
Clearly I "couldn't prevent the scratches".
That's why they occurred. DUH!

Also, as our friend said previously; finger print grease is easy to remove. I carry a simple cloth, and I clean it

Sorry, but I don't know where your going here?

My OSD is about having something new look old and cheap. I'm not OSD over finger prints, if I was, I wouldn't buy a TOUCH SCREEN PHONE.

Perhaps, when I say OSD, you imagine I live in a house were everything is covered by plastic and I carry my cellphone in a zip lock bag.
Throw Out is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 05:28 AM   #253
MacRumorUser
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw Out View Post
Clearly I "couldn't prevent the scratches".
That's why they occurred. DUH!
Clearly you are not as OSD about your electronics as you make out to be.
Old May 31, 2013, 06:08 AM   #254
Throw Out
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRumorUser View Post
Clearly you are not as OSD about your electronics as you make out to be.
Well, perhaps, to you no.
Then again, we're online and you don't know me.
Throw Out is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 06:42 AM   #255
Ffosse
macrumors 6502

Well, if you are a bit Howard Hughes about your phones then clearly nothing modern will do - I don't care about scratches or fingerprints on my Z because it isn't worth much to me (and didn't cost much).
Ffosse is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 08:45 PM   #256
adder7712
macrumors 68000

Hey look, a Sony phablet!
Old May 31, 2013, 09:48 PM   #257
microcutz
macrumors newbie

I bought the Xperia, felt cheated, bought the Xperia S again felt robbed so no more Sony phones for me. On both occasions they seemed to have something that put them ahead for my personal preference, this Sony may actually be the one, but I won't ever find out.
microcutz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 1, 2013, 01:19 AM   #258
MacRumorUser
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by adder7712 View Post
That's been debunked already.

Nokia have come out and said they don't make or have intentions to make a phone as big as they suggest in the photos.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Engadget
Update: WPCentral's sources say Nokia currently does not have plans for this type of over-sized phone, and they've confirmed that this image is inaccurate. Upon further research and analysis, we're leaning towards believing this is indeed an elaborate hoax.
Also don't you think it suspicious someone would be able to capture 3 unreleased handsets by different manufacturers together ? What are the chances ?

Nope just elaborate hoax I'm afraid.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 10:59 AM   #259
mr.suff
macrumors regular

I received the Xperia Z a week last Friday. Having been on a Nexus 4 since that was released I wanted to get in on the 1080p display action.

Every year I've bought an Android with an OEMs version of Android on it and have come away claiming never to do so again. With the Xperia Z it has been no different, you can read my review of it here

After a week of using it I went back to the Nexus 4 relieved to be back with Android as it should be. But boy, did I miss that 1080p screen. I have since taken some time to unlock the bootloader, root the phone and I am currently running PAC ROM. This could well be my perfect device... That is until I get the next one.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 11:01 AM   #260
ChazUK
macrumors 603

My wife's got updated yesterday and it did seen to make the screen better. Seems configured much better.

Hers being a Three branded Xperia, it has taken them ages to push out the update though.
Old Jun 2, 2013, 03:32 PM   #261
fredaroony
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.suff View Post
I received the Xperia Z a week last Friday. Having been on a Nexus 4 since that was released I wanted to get in on the 1080p display action.

Every year I've bought an Android with an OEMs version of Android on it and have come away claiming never to do so again. With the Xperia Z it has been no different, you can read my review of it here

After a week of using it I went back to the Nexus 4 relieved to be back with Android as it should be. But boy, did I miss that 1080p screen. I have since taken some time to unlock the bootloader, root the phone and I am currently running PAC ROM. This could well be my perfect device... That is until I get the next one.
What didn't you like about Sony's skin?

I also have a Nexus 4 and Xperia Z but don't find the Sony skin intrusive at all. In fact, they are known for keeping it much closer to stock than most vendors.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChazUK View Post
My wife's got updated yesterday and it did seen to make the screen better. Seems configured much better.

Hers being a Three branded Xperia, it has taken them ages to push out the update though.
I gave up on waiting and just flashed a generic ROM via flashtool so it doesn't require the bootloader to be unlocked.

----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.suff View Post

You didn't actually need to unlock the bootloader to run a custom ROM. I've left mine locked and ran one for a while.
fredaroony is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 2, 2013, 05:07 PM   #262
mr.suff
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaroony View Post
What didn't you like about Sony's skin?

I also have a Nexus 4 and Xperia Z but don't find the Sony skin intrusive at all. In fact, they are known for keeping it much closer to stock than most vendors.

----------

I gave up on waiting and just flashed a generic ROM via flashtool so it doesn't require the bootloader to be unlocked.

----------

You didn't actually need to unlock the bootloader to run a custom ROM. I've left mine locked and ran one for a while.
I don't much like the general look and aesthetic of anything but Stock Android. For one I've gotten used to the look on my Nexus and for two, I find the style of the UX to be more to my taste. I'd keep any UI on a phone if it looked better, but that's my personal preference, I found too many things that felt mis-matched to me.

I was under the impression that for me to use various Kernels I had to unlock the Boot-loader.
Old Jun 6, 2013, 10:59 AM   #263
.:Aleph:.
macrumors member

I'm just wondering whether anybody here knows an online seller from Japan that could ship the phone with the Japanese version of the screen?
.:Aleph:. is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2013, 09:16 AM   #264
CubeHacker
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:Aleph:. View Post
I'm just wondering whether anybody here knows an online seller from Japan that could ship the phone with the Japanese version of the screen?
Japanese version of the screen?
CubeHacker is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2013, 09:17 AM   #265
onthecouchagain
Banned

Xperia Z Google Edition possibly coming?

http://www.androidauthority.com/goog...-phone-223196/
onthecouchagain is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2013, 09:22 AM   #266
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68020

Finally. More phones running android the way it should be.
Slate iPad Mini 16gb (iOS 7.1.1)
TacticalDesire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2013, 01:01 PM   #267
Sensamic
macrumors 68000

Yeah, but it has S4 Pro, right? Plus screen is washed out.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 01:24 PM   #268
TacticalDesire
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic View Post
What's wrong with the S4 Pro? I've yet to see it stutter or struggle to keep up with anything. In 99% of real world usage one won't notice the difference.
Slate iPad Mini 16gb (iOS 7.1.1)
TacticalDesire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 7, 2013, 03:59 PM   #269
fredaroony
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
A recent update fixed the screen calibration and the washed appearance was mainly the colour they chose (grey) for the colour scheme.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 08:03 PM   #270
adder7712
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubeHacker View Post
Japanese version of the screen?
Yeah, some say the Japanese phone has an IPS display.
Old Jun 7, 2013, 11:42 PM   #271
Sensamic
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacticalDesire View Post
What's wrong with the S4 Pro? I've yet to see it stutter or struggle to keep up with anything. In 99% of real world usage one won't notice the difference.
I mean why buy a S4 Pro device now when S600 is already available?
Old Jun 8, 2013, 01:08 AM   #272
fredaroony
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I mean why buy a S4 Pro device now when S600 is already available?
Umm...because you probably can't tell the difference?
Old Jun 8, 2013, 06:23 AM   #273
MacRumorUser
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
Xperia Z Google Edition possibly coming?

http://www.androidauthority.com/goog...-phone-223196/

If this turns out to be true, and eventually all manufacturers bring their flagships to Android stock google - this could be a very good thing.

It should sort out the rollout of updates - give us some baseline specifications for a smooth seemless android experience.

Basically the benefits of a 'closed' system apple has offered with IOS and software and baseline hardware - but with the hardware choice and various pricing structures that Android can offer.

I hope all future Android devices come with 'stock option' and eventually they will just bake in an option that manufacturers can pre-load stock android and their own skin, and on first boot it gives users the actual choice. That would be the real benefit of 'open' and not just 'open' to manufacturers, but to the consumer for a change.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices