Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mathman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2012
Hi folks -

I recently switched from an iPhone 5 to a Galaxy Note II and absolutely love it. Just one question, though ... when charging the Note II, do I need to worry about leaving it plugged in for too long (once it's hit 100%) or about doing any battery conditioning? Do I need to run it down to 0 (or close) before charging it the first few times?

I know that I've never worried about this with Apple devices, but I also know that Samsung's battery warranties leave something to be desired, and I may not be able to replace it for free if I have problems down the road?

Advice?

Thanks,

MM

siiip5

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2012
Hi folks -

I recently switched from an iPhone 5 to a Galaxy Note II and absolutely love it. Just one question, though ... when charging the Note II, do I need to worry about leaving it plugged in for too long (once it's hit 100%) or about doing any battery conditioning? Do I need to run it down to 0 (or close) before charging it the first few times?

I know that I've never worried about this with Apple devices, but I also know that Samsung's battery warranties leave something to be desired, and I may not be able to replace it for free if I have problems down the road?

Advice?

Thanks,

MM

You don't need to worry about it. I've had my S3 for going on 7 months and Note2 for going on the 3rd month. I have treated these phones just like my previous iphones without issue. I'm currently at 13.5 hours on my S3 with nearly 3 hours of onscreen time and still 27% battery remaining. Anf this is on the smaller S3. I get better results on the Note2.

Point is, treat it just like your iphone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.