Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macbeliever

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
I'm running 10.8.2

I have Microsoft Office 2008 and it open fine.

Installed Microsoft Office 2011 and here's what I get when I try to to an app

ScreenShot2013-01-01at100015AM_zps07ba78cc.png

Anyone dealt with and fixed this yet?

saberahul

macrumors 68040
Nov 6, 2008
USA
I had that when I first installed it. Just do a full delete of it (search the forums on how to delete fully) and reinstall after a reboot. Fixed it for me. If you're lazy and don't feel like searching the forums, AppCleaner may be able to help you delete all the plist files associated with the apps.

AnnapolisKen

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2013
Same error message, not responding to a complete delete and reinstall

I received my new iMac in mid December, and I used the Migration Assistant to move everything. Unsurprisingly, MS Office failed to work. I paid MS another $12 so I could download a new copy of MS Office 2011 and tried installing it. Installation succeeded, but every time I opened a Word or Excel file, it crashed.

I deleted Office from both iMacs, old and new, including all of the MS files hidden everywhere. Reinstalled but the same thing happens. Deleted everything, including the downloaded disk image, downloaded it again, and reinstalled.

Same result--crash!

I have no idea what to try next. My wife is beginning to doubt my technical expertise. I've tried to mollify her with OpenOffice and Pages, but she is getting frustrated and angry. Any ideas on what to try? Please save my marriage!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.