Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Boob

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
For some reason I can't access the desktop view of Justin.tv on my iPad. Try it guys. No matter how many times I click full site/refresh it keeps me stuck on the mobile version.

Same with twitter. Does anyone know how to access the full site and not mobile versions?

Dav1

macrumors 6502
Mar 14, 2011
Settings | Safari | set Accept cookies to Always, end Safari on the task bar and restart Safari, you can then get to the desktop site, but you'll need flash for it to be useful...:(

charlituna

macrumors G3
Jun 11, 2008
Los Angeles, CA
For some reason I can't access the desktop view of Justin.tv on my iPad. Try it guys. No matter how many times I click full site/refresh it keeps me stuck on the mobile version.

Same with twitter. Does anyone know how to access the full site and not mobile versions?

Could be a site encoding issue. They may not have put in a way for you to opt over to the desktop version if you are on a mobile device.

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast

It works for me. try the above suggestions

Boob

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 3, 2012
For those that can access the full site, what do your safari settings look like?

Settings | Safari | set Accept cookies to Always, end Safari on the task bar and restart Safari, you can then get to the desktop site, but you'll need flash for it to be useful...:(

I already had the cookies set to always. I even disabled and enabled it back and restarted safari like you said but I'm still stuck with the mobile site no matter how many times I click full site.

I'm always stuck with this link
www.justin.tv/mobile/iphone_promo#/

bmcgrath

macrumors 65816
Oct 5, 2006
London, United Kingdom
There are a few websites out there that see Safari on iOS string and do not allow you to view anything other than the mobile/tablet version of that page. Very frustrating!

MauerFan

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2012

You could always try the JTV app. It's $4.99 though. Otherwise try the suggestions that have been listed above.

Justin TV

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.