Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iphone5lover151

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
i got my iphone 5 like 2 weeks ago, n ive noticed that screen was yellowish (no, not wat ur thinkin) but with time it got better or maybe i jst got used to it, so im not complainin.

BUT, about a quarter or a half inch on the very top of the screen, its SLIGHTLY darker "yellower" han the rest, n i cant really show a pic of it, but its obvious when reading a page on iBooks for example, that part (along the length of where the status bar should be) slightly darker than the rest of the page, im currently living abroad n no access to an apple store where i can exhange iphones.

So someone please give me any insight on this, anythin is really appreciated.

U guys know what its like to be super picky on how our iphones function, enjoy ur phones people and thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
i got my iphone 5 like 2 weeks ago, n ive noticed that screen was yellowish (no, not wat ur thinkin) but with time it got better or maybe i jst got used to it, so im not complainin.

BUT, about a quarter or a half inch on the very top of the screen, its SLIGHTLY darker "yellower" han the rest, n i cant really show a pic of it, but its obvious when reading a page on iBooks for example, that part (along the length of where the status bar should be) slightly darker than the rest of the page, im currently living abroad n no access to an apple store where i can exhange iphones.

So someone please give me any insight on this, anythin is really appreciated.

U guys know what its like to be super picky on how our iphones function, enjoy ur phones people and thank you.

The only advice that would apply is to make an appointment at the genius bar !

iphone5lover151

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
i really cant now, im jst lookin for anyone with a similar problem who might have bougth the iphone before me, and it got fixed, i read that its a glue issue but its been labeled a myth by a few people, u have no idea how this is buggin me!! and i cant ignore it coz i knw where it is its obvious

smone jst give me any kind of hope it ll get better or smthin

aphexacid

macrumors 6502a
Jul 31, 2007
Chicago
I had a 4S with that problem, yellow blotches/yellow area. I took it in to get swapped, and at first they tried to tell me that it was glue that hasn't dried yet. They always try to pull that one. But phone was a couple months old at that point and that was not the case. So they swapped it.

iphone5lover151

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 3, 2012
Thanks for the input guys, im not gonna freak out over a a glitch like this. hopefully itll be jst the glue theory, and if its not, well, life is too short for posts like these on the internet right?

Happy iphoning, n stay cool people. Thanks!

cliffordncuk

macrumors newbie
Nov 6, 2012
Hi I get exactly the same problem.
the first iphone 5 i got has this yellower and darker area at the top of the screen, so i went to the store and changed a new one that has not been opened.
However, the second one has a darker line on the right hand side of the screen, so changed again
the third one, same problem, yellower area on top
the fourth one, darker line on screen and I have given up on that, applied refund

I think this is probably because of the quality of recent stocks, maybe should wait another month and then see if anything will improve about the screen

For now, the screens of iphone 5 is just a joke

takeshi74

macrumors 601
Feb 9, 2011
If you're unhappy with it then take it in. If not, then deal. That's really all there is to it. You're the one that determines if you can live with it or not.

smone jst give me any kind of hope it ll get better or smthin
I wouldn't assume anything. Even if someone had a similar issue it could have a potentially different cause.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.