Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h1kar1

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2007
Los angeles
I thought that too but then I realized if I can't talk (poor signal, consistently dropped calls) then I certainly can't "talk and data at the same time," either.

I live in SoCal havn't had call drops in 2+ years. Signal never realy get under 2bar's. With the exceptions of being underground or big buildings etc...

I just wish they had more LTW towers.
They said they supported LA but thats only partly right. They shouldn't list LA unless it was all supported. or add an * or something then list the area's it is.

I would of totally went with Verizon if I knew this.

h1kar1

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2007
Los angeles
I thought that too but then I realized if I can't talk (poor signal, consistently dropped calls) then I certainly can't "talk and data at the same time," either.

Well buddy,
This is not totally true because talk and data are on different bands and diffrent antenna's.

You can have a low cell signal but a stronger data signal

example.
Ever have 1 bar and 4G at the same time?
Ever have 5 bars and no 4G or Edge?

Also note LTE dosn't support voice so you downgraded to 4g if your using voice also.

any how.
Yha I totally hear what your saying I feel like I want to jump ship but can't justify the cost of doing it at this point...

Medic311

macrumors 68000
Jul 30, 2011
Verizon LTE speeds in Philadelphia, PA

Attachments

• Verizon LTE vs Verizon FiOS.png
    Verizon LTE vs Verizon FiOS.png
    1 MB · Views: 241

wizeguy21

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
California
is this still an ongoing issue?

I just got my iphone 5 two days ago and im getting Horrid speeds in downtown l.a. im talking .13 mb. Tested a few more fellow users and a galaxy s3 user. Same problem LTE sucks here.

Called At&t and they are shipping me a new phone. But I highly doubt that is the issue since i get great speeds at home. Just probably over saturation!

I cant believe its this bad! I'm thinking to switching to Verizon.

kodeman53

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2012

I just got my iphone 5 two days ago and im getting Horrid speeds in downtown l.a. im talking .13 mb. Tested a few more fellow users and a galaxy s3 user. Same problem LTE sucks here.

It's nice when you can answer your own question.

bursthead

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010

Called At&t and they are shipping me a new phone. But I highly doubt that is the issue since i get great speeds at home. Just probably over saturation!

I cant believe its this bad! I'm thinking to switching to Verizon.

Your always going to get crappy speeds in downtown. The buildings block the signal.

I also think there is still an issue with the iPhone 5 LTE antennae. I had worse ATT LTE coverage with the iPhone 5 than I did on the s3 or galaxy note with ATT.

wizeguy21

macrumors newbie
Jul 25, 2012
California
I don't think its the antenna. I had a co-worker who has a galaxy s3 and gets the same results that i do. The funny thing too is that my ping is super low. Just my down speeds suck. I've tested this outside of downtown, and its all very slow. I'm starting to believe its att's service. I am very inclined to cancel my service and jump ship to verizon.

Oh and i forgot to mention my 3g service is awesome in downtown. 6 down!

jstar002

macrumors regular
Dec 5, 2012
If I use iphone, will it say "LTE" on top if im connected to lte? It only says 4G... I'm with ATT and 4g is much slower than my wireless. Is this normal?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.