Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac

Closed Thread

Old Mar 6, 2013, 10:26 PM   #101
crovian
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplesAOranges View Post
The fact that they are selling and shipping new iMacs to new customers, before getting iMacs to all of those who already ordered in November/December/January says it all. Bad company with incompetent people!
Do you understand concept of combinatorics optimization?

Same concept applies to Apple shipping their products.
crovian is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2013, 12:40 AM   #102
HenryDJP
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApplesAOranges View Post
At least my bad experience and opinion has changed few of my friends opinions about Macs and Apple, they wont be getting an iMac anymore. They 100% would have if the rollout would have been fast. They will be sticking with PCs and buying new PCs. In fact one of my other friend already has his new PC shipped. So Im hurting Apple by many thousands of dollars. I guess thats just pocket change to them, but still.... Im sure Im not the only one. This is really hurting Apples image as a competent company.

What a fail and bad customer service!

The fact that they are selling and shipping new iMacs to new customers, before getting iMacs to all of those who already ordered in November/December/January says it all. Bad company with incompetent people!
Let it go and find a forum that cares, honestly. Your friends that decided to buy a PC (if any of what you said was true...doubt it) were going to do it anyway. Oh, I'm sorry, did you think you were going to piss anyone off here because you pushed your friend(s) away from Apple products? LMAO. Uh, I don't think so. Switching over to a Mac is a completely different world and worth waiting for. If a product rollout being slow is all it took for them to go as far as buy Windows machines to use for the next few years then they were never going to buy a Mac in the first place. Cut the BS.
News flash, Apple has over $130 billion dollars in the bank. They couldn't care less about you or the few PC lovers that you swayed away, and not many people do here either cuz I know what you're trying to do. There's a word for it we're not allowed to use and it's just not working. Nobody would continue to blast Apple and use these hilarious mad faces "" LMAO, if they were truly upset. They just wouldn't come back here. The little amount of friends that you swayed away from buying Apple equipment is just a drop in the bucket for Apple. They want serious buyers, not ones who stomp their feet because a computer took longer than expected to come along.
Like I said, enjoy. Hopefully this is the last we'll hear from you. You're powerless here.

Last edited by HenryDJP; Mar 7, 2013 at 01:16 AM.
HenryDJP is offline   1
Old Mar 7, 2013, 03:55 AM   #103
symber
macrumors member

Hang on, hang on...

"Combinatorics optimization"? The guy's waited more then three months for a product he bought. No business logistics jargon crap is going to hide the fact that that isn't good enough, in any field, bar construction!

And when people have something negative to say about Apple on an Apple forum, it's generally because they used to be genuine enthusiasts (why else would they be here?), but the kind of cult adoration the company gets can lead to some big let-downs when a global corporate giant unfathomably turns out to just want your cash and "doesn't give a crap" about you or your PC-using mates.

It's the kowtowing defence its zealots engage in when Apple mess up that really rankles. They're not the angels of truth, they're an electronics company that make nice shiny things. Sometimes they ******* up likely on a daily basis. Why you'd tell someone upset with Apple they're not welcome here is baffling.
symber is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2013, 05:09 AM   #104
ApplesAOranges
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryDJP View Post
Let it go and find a forum that cares, honestly. Your friends that decided to buy a PC (if any of what you said was true...doubt it) were going to do it anyway. Oh, I'm sorry, did you think you were going to piss anyone off here because you pushed your friend(s) away from Apple products? LMAO. Uh, I don't think so. Switching over to a Mac is a completely different world and worth waiting for. If a product rollout being slow is all it took for them to go as far as buy Windows machines to use for the next few years then they were never going to buy a Mac in the first place. Cut the BS.
News flash, Apple has over $130 billion dollars in the bank. They couldn't care less about you or the few PC lovers that you swayed away, and not many people do here either cuz I know what you're trying to do. There's a word for it we're not allowed to use and it's just not working. Nobody would continue to blast Apple and use these hilarious mad faces "" LMAO, if they were truly upset. They just wouldn't come back here. The little amount of friends that you swayed away from buying Apple equipment is just a drop in the bucket for Apple. They want serious buyers, not ones who stomp their feet because a computer took longer than expected to come along.
Like I said, enjoy. Hopefully this is the last we'll hear from you. You're powerless here.
Is this fanboyism?

Just asking.
ApplesAOranges is offline   0
Old Mar 7, 2013, 07:16 AM   #105
forty2j
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by symber View Post
"Combinatorics optimization"? The guy's waited more then three months for a product he bought. No business logistics jargon crap is going to hide the fact that that isn't good enough, in any field, bar construction!
The part he's not telling you is that he bought from a 3rd party retailer who had no idea when they were getting product, but decided to sell to him anyway. His anger should be directed to the company that misrepresented itself; Apple has been straightforward with what they could and couldn't deliver by what date.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 08:28 AM   #106
HenryDJP
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by symber View Post

And when people have something negative to say about Apple on an Apple forum, it's generally because they used to be genuine enthusiasts (why else would they be here?),
You are kidding right? Now for the record, I'm not calling anyone any names here, I'm just making a point based on your statement. People do come to forums to troll. Windows fans generally come to Mac forums to troll people. It happens often. They hate people that are Apple fans and they try and rain on their parade by saying stuff to push buttons hoping to annoy the Apple faithful. I've seen people come here and say it directly. They are no longer here and for good reason. You're turning a blind eye if you don't think it happens. It's more so with Windows users trolling Mac forums than the other way around.

I've been reading Macrumors for years before I joined. New product rollouts tend to create new registrations here often with people stomping on the product with people going to so far as to say they would never buy Apple and to try to persuade people to buy Windows machines. I've had my share of disappointments with Apple and guess who I shared my disappointment with? The company. I get right on the phone and tell them how unhappy with their service I am. When you go to an enthusiasts forum to constantly express your annoyance with the company in question it's like you're parents yelling directly at you because the neighbor's dog pooped on their grass. Why not yell at the neighbor?

And for the record, I was at Macworld in early January some years ago when Steve Jobs stood right up on stage and intro'd the world's first 17" Powerbook. First laptop ever with a 17" screen. Steve Jobs stated they would be shipping them in February. Apple took orders right at Macworld for it. I ordered one. The Apple employee that took my order said they wouldn't be shipping until early March despite what Steve Jobs said. Mine didn't ship up until the end of March and I didn't receive it until the first week of April. Did I cancel my order? No. I truly wanted it. Was I frustrated with Apple over it? Hell yeah! Did I tell all my friends that Apple is horrible company and tell them to go buy Windows machines instead because the product rollout was slow? No way. That's ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forty2j View Post
The part he's not telling you is that he bought from a 3rd party retailer who had no idea when they were getting product, but decided to sell to him anyway. His anger should be directed to the company that misrepresented itself; Apple has been straightforward with what they could and couldn't deliver by what date.
Exactly!!! As I was mentioning above. Yell at the right person. But people who order from 3rd parties will give them a pass. Probably because they got a good deal. I would express my annoyance from whomever sold me the product because they are the ones that will escalate it if they want to keep the sale. How's it productive coming here and telling us what a horrible company Apple is? Unless some people here have an agenda.
HenryDJP is offline   2
Old Mar 7, 2013, 08:43 AM   #107
balamw

MOD NOTE: Thread closed temporarily for review. We hope to make a decision to reopen it later today.

B

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > iMac