Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dennyb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2013
I purchased the App Photon for my Ipad 2 and paid $4.99. I noticed that the Photon App for Iphone is $3.99. Do I have to pay for both if I want it on both devices? I've been researching and can't find anything on this. I would appreciate any help on this. I thought I could use the same App for each device but now I'm not sure.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
It appears to me that the app in question is not an universal app, that is not designed to run on both the iPad and iPhone. That being the case you will have to purchase the iPhone version if you want it.

The easiest way to find out is by going on your iPhone's app store and see if you can download it via the purchased tab

Menneisyys2

macrumors 603
Jun 7, 2011
I purchased the App Photon for my Ipad 2 and paid $4.99. I noticed that the Photon App for Iphone is $3.99. Do I have to pay for both if I want it on both devices? I've been researching and can't find anything on this. I would appreciate any help on this. I thought I could use the same App for each device but now I'm not sure.

Yup, they;re separate versions. Nevertheless, it's an excellent app well worth the $9 total.

dennyb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2013
Yup, they;re separate versions. Nevertheless, it's an excellent app well worth the $9 total.

Thank you very much for this information

----------

It appears to me that the app in question is not an universal app, that is not designed to run on both the iPad and iPhone. That being the case you will have to purchase the iPhone version if you want it.

The easiest way to find out is by going on your iPhone's app store and see if you can download it via the purchased tab

Thank you for the information

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.