Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Hi,

One of my favorite wallpapers of all time is the OSX Leopard Aurora default wallpaper.

I've looked for a long time for this in high quality for the retina iPad. I realize there was a 46 page thread for Retina iPad wallpapers, but the one that was posted on Page 9 was grainy on my iPad for some reason.

I don't have access to sophisticated Photo editing software. If anyone has the time could they post this wallpaper in 2048 x 2048. I would truly appreciate it.

Alternatively, if someone has a Retina MacBook Pro could they post the stock version which would undoubtedly be higher resolution than the one on my system that I could crop. Thank you so much!

Dazant

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2009
There you go ,
had to do some photoshop magic because the biggest source image only has 1600 vertical pixels (this wallpaper was never included with the retina macbooks btw)

Attachments

• wallpaper_ipad_retina.jpg
    wallpaper_ipad_retina.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,130

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Thank you, Thank You So Much.

I really appreciate you taking the time to do that and it looks great! The others just came out grainy, but this one is perfect!

Thank you!

I hate to hear that they dropped a legacy wallpaper on the Retina Macs, but Apple isn't nostalgic.

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
I went back and forth about asking this, I don't want it to seem like I'm taking advantage of you, please know that I am truly grateful that you took time out of your day to help a stranger.

If you have time, and if its not too much trouble (I know nothing about photoshop so I don't know if it's time consuming) but could you do the same thing for the Snow Leopard wallpaper? It's probably my second favorite and the other three that I tried weren't that good of quality.

PLEASE don't feel annoyed, if you don't have the time, or simply don't want to then please don't, it was more than generous that you helped me once before. I just wanted to ask, since your first one came out better then any other that I tried and I promise this will be the last request I make. :D

Whether or not you help me again, I want to say Thank You one last time for the first image, it is beautiful! It's not everyday you meet nice people! Thanks.

In case you do decide to do it, I attached the file from my 2011 MacBook Pro since I assume the Retina doesn't have this one either.

Sincerely,
Jordan

Attachments

• Aurora.jpg
    Aurora.jpg
    539 KB · Views: 5,798

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
By the way, I just realized that I saw your "iMac with Retina Display" mockup not long ago! That looked like exactly like an Apple website screenshot, good job!:)

It would be awesome if that really happened, but I don't think it will be in 2013 or 2014...aw well.

Dazant

macrumors member
Aug 8, 2009
My pleasure to help! ,
This one was a little harder to stretch out without making it look pixelated I did my best would have taken too much time to make it truly perfect and I'm kinda busy hehe

Attachments

• wallpaper_snow.jpg
    wallpaper_snow.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,578

Traverse

macrumors 604
Original poster
Mar 11, 2013
Here
Sorry for the late reply!

This one looks perfet too. You did a great job, they are both crystal clear on my iPad. I really appreciate it!

You're awesome!

Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.