Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sk1wbw

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
So the wife got a new job that she couldn't pass up, paying 55k a year and we will be moving to Kill Devil Hills. Already found a newly remodeled home to rent and it's beautiful. About a 10 minute walk, literally, to this view:

Attachments

• 2013-08-09 16.51.35-1.jpg
    2013-08-09 16.51.35-1.jpg
    787 KB · Views: 112

ValSalva

macrumors 68040
Jun 26, 2009
Burpelson AFB
Good for you! What a great place to live. We used to vacation there. It's near Kitty Hawk and the Wright Brothers monument, right?

sk1wbw

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
Good for you! What a great place to live. We used to vacation there. It's near Kitty Hawk and the Wright Brothers monument, right?

That's right. The house we rented is about a block from that museum and about a half mile or so from my wife's new job. I'll be looking for a new job, but I still have my retirement and VA disability to carry me until then.

4JNA

macrumors 68000
Feb 8, 2006
looking for trash files
congrats. good memories of that very spot. :)

if i can find the old family album, i'll post the pic, but looks like a xerox copy. small world. best of luck.

sk1wbw

Suspended
Original poster
May 28, 2011
Williamsburg, Virginia
Looking forward to it. Been there twice now. I'm going to be a part time worker or something while the wife works at her dream job. She just got the GM position of the Best Western there. That hotel is right on the beach. Gonna be nice.

Clix Pix

macrumors Core
Many years ago I went to the Outer Banks and totally loved it. Like "GoCubsGo" I think it might have been the Best Western where I stayed, too...... One of these years I really want to get back to the Outer Banks. It's a delightful and different other world!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.